Starting again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting again

I have suffered through a lack of motivation this summer and did very little cutting. Normally, I am up to my ears in ornaments getting ready for cousins' exchange at Thanksgiving. No group celebration this year, but I knew I had to do something for the little ones.
    So, I ordered personalized ornaments from Steve Good and got some beautiful Aspen. After I broke the second of three pieces, I threw the whole lot in the burn barrel and headed for poplar, hoping I will have better luck with it.
    LOTS of fuzzies and grain structure was very weak.
    Jim
    When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
    Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Been there.....done that. What is working for me just start with something small and simple to get back in rhythm.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I finally got back in the groove when they let me back in the farmers market. I’ll be there until Sunday before Christmas and starting. 11/7 on Saturday as well.
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I've kind of been in the same rut. Putzing at household "to-do" lists is getting old. I may not have any fairs or markets locally reopening yet, but the wood has some sort of seductive pull reaching out beckoning to be used and crafted into something someone will eventually appreciate. It's time to take advantage of our time with a fresh appreciation for what we do.
        Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

And to do something different. I’m trying to schedule part or a whole day to bowl grinding. Of course, we had a 7 year old visitor most of the day as he had a half day today. So much for using the grinder. instead I put a bandaid on a scratch on his elbow so he “wouldn’t bleed to death”. Than he shot me with his foam rocket blaster. Best time ever.
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X