Scrollsaw help:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrollsaw help:

Ok I need some sound advise from our senior scrollers, I have an older 70 model craftsman scroll saw that just isn't cutting it anymore appears as losing power during my cuts, what brand of saw would you recommend don't need a high price unit but yet want something with little bigger table in width and length for that larger project at times, I don't do a tremendous amount of cutting with it but as years go on need something to keep me busy, Iam thinking in price range of $4-500.00 range, please advise. thanks in advance.
    Someone say tool or lumber sale I am out of here

Take a look at DEWALT Scroll Saw (DW788) it is a reliable machine

Nintsios Vasilios
    Greece

Comment

I would go with a Pegas saw. I would steer clear of the Chinese (mainland) EX clones. The King 16" is also an option . If you are doing modeling the ability to adjust the stroke of the blade to almost perpendicular would be a plus. I would however change over to the Pegas clamps.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I agree with Rolf. Both the King and Pegas are more money they are truly worth it. The Dewalts are really hit and miss as far as quality. Looking at other forums I hear war stories. Some are coming through OKAY but others people are returning within days of getting them due to failures and performance issue. The latter being more common.
        Scott
        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

As a Pegas dealer, I would suggest the Pegas Scroll Saw. Yes, it is $835 including stand. That is out of the range of $400 to $500, but I can give you an offer that will make it more in line. Send me a PM if interested.
          Denny
          ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

The Delta is a dewalt look alike.. $315 at amazon. It would be a big step up from that the cartsman. yes I would got for the Pegas, but it depends on how much and what your going to cut. https://www.amazon.com/Delta-Power-4.../dp/B00IK8DIU8
            The other John A. Nelson
            johnsworkshop.com
            sigpic
            I just follow the lines and make sawdust
            on a Seyco ST-21 and a Yellow DW788

Comment

See Steve Goods comments today on the Delta. http://scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com/

Make sure you add a foot petal and a good stand. Makes all machines run better.

I personally have and EX-21 which I have had for about 9 years now and never an issue. When you break it down as a cost per year it is cheap. If you are going to be a heavy user a King or Pegas would be my suggestion.
              Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

I usually replace my knob on the Hegner once a year due to heavy use. And probably tightening the pbade too tight. I found that I can sand the end of the know flat if I wait too late to order one.
                Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• daveswoodworking
                  Reply to Hurricane winds hit Iowa
                  by daveswoodworking
                  My poor garden and wishing well and 3-d eagle...
                  Yesterday, 11:07 PM
                • daveswoodworking
                  Hurricane winds hit Iowa
                  by daveswoodworking
                  We had over 100 mph winds that hit my town and several towns and counties in Iowa a lot of people with out power I just got our power back tonight their a lot of damage through out town and lot of power line down too lots of roof gone corn lying flat their a sample of the damage the town park got heavily...
                  Yesterday, 10:52 PM
                • Linda In Phoenix
                  Reply to Cancelled
                  by Linda In Phoenix
                  I'm in the same boat. I get most of my sales surrounding demonstrations I do at the fairs. They've been cancelled. I do have a couple of orders from repeat customers, but that's all. Kind of a let down emotionally. My new toy money is on hold. Boooooo....
                  Yesterday, 09:52 PM
                • Dan A
                  Reply to Pegas saw has arrived
                  by Dan A
                  I like that PDF. This is something that Denny brought up on the phone last Friday as well. I told Denny that afternoon that the set screws would be something that I would not have thought of. We also talked about tightening the blade to much. I seem to have the tendency to over tighten the bottom clamp....
                  Yesterday, 08:20 PM
                • jim_mex
                  Reply to Coincidences and obsidian
                  by jim_mex
                  Hi guys - today I obtained a little more info of the obsidian crafter I am soon to meet. His name his Juan Castelan Mata. In 1987 he was selected by a local comissionary (foundation) to learn the craft of modelling and sculpting obsidian. After learning the basics of working with this stone he set up...
                  Yesterday, 06:56 PM
                Working...
                X