Lou and George Herman...aka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lou and George Herman...aka

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well and staying safe.

I wanted to share my latest scroll saw project, Kris, from the Scroll Saw Village, allowed me to use his pattern that I cut as a gift for a 10 year old baseball fan. Conner was aware of Babe Ruth, but had no idea of who Lou Gerhrig was, his mom told me that he went on the internet after we left and he did a bunch of research on Lou, who is now on his list of baseball heroes. I added the iconic Yankee Stadium Frieze, which I think is historically correct to the time frame that they played in the old stadium. Ann Marie cut out the names and the patriotic baseball images on her Circuit vinyl cutter and we attached them onto the homemade frame to finish the job.

If you're under 75 yers old, you may not know who these guys are.

Thanks for looking.

Rick

3AE040C6-C661-498C-8128-41D0F90A2D72_1_201_a.jpeg2BCA441C-4342-42E5-90B2-511181BB24A4_1_201_a.jpeg
    Attached Files
    Rick
    Just because the circus left town, doesn't mean the Monkey's off your back

Very nice! The frieze is a great touch.

Comment

Thank you ddock😀, for your kind words

Rick
      Rick
      Just because the circus left town, doesn't mean the Monkey's off your back

Comment

Babe Ruth was in a boys home that was later the Cardinal Gibbons boys high school that my nephews attended. The school has since closed but the building that Babe Ruth was in still remains. It’s on Caton Avenue in Baltimore.
        Last edited by will8989; 07-02-2020, 09:50 PM.
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• handibunny
          Reply to Latest Project
          by handibunny
          I hope they appreciated the love and care that went into your beautiful work!
          Today, 07:47 PM
        • NC Scroller
          Reply to Latest Project
          by NC Scroller
          A piece to be cherished.
          Today, 02:06 PM
        • meflick
          Reply to Latest Project
          by meflick
          Beautiful piece Fibber and something that will long be treasured. Congratulations to them on 25 years. Hubby and I celebrated 35 last week. We got a new drill press. 😉☺️ (My idea.)...
          Today, 01:48 PM
        • cwmagee
          Latest Project
          by cwmagee
          My daughter and son-in-law celebrated their 25th Anniversary in June. Since they have the means to acquire anything that they want, I had to find something that was unique. I decided on the Full Moon Night Light by Deb Nicholson feature in Issue #60. Due the Covid19, I finally got an opportunity to...
          Today, 01:18 PM
        • will8989
          Reply to Did you know..
          by will8989
          Almost over this itchy problem. Just some on my left arm and leg. Caladryl was my friend. I would just dump some on and smear around! Down to my regular daily allergy pill but that helped a lot also. Did have to change my follow up appointment with the eye doctor until middle of August.
          Today, 11:08 AM
        Working...
        X