Angus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angus

I posted this on other sites, but thoight I would share it here. Thanks for looking.

ANGUS was a Black Lab who was born to hunt. He was owned by a very good friend of mine, but thought he belonged to the world...if you pet him once, you were there for a long time. Angus was an incredible bird dog who we swear could tell when Joey was getting the shotgun out, he sat right next to the tailgate of the truck until they left for the field. I am not a hunter, but to see him work a pheasant field was unbelievable. The base and the frame are made from recycled poplar, the hunter is cherry and the pheasant is 1/16 inch sapele, his name is Black Walnut, the darkest wood I had. We all miss ANGUS, but Joey is devastated, I made this for him to remember his best friend.

IMG_0791.jpg
    Rick
    Just because the circus left town, doesn't mean the Monkey's off your back

Very nice rememberance and a very touching story.
    Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Dogs are amazing! Nice tribute.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Yes, I saw this on another site, but very well done. It will be well received.
        Denny
        ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Thanks to all for looking.
          Rick
          Just because the circus left town, doesn't mean the Monkey's off your back

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim Finn
            Reply to My fourth scroll saw in my shop.
            by Jim Finn
            Rolf;
            The saw I have is also a 2005 or 6. It cuts well but seems noisy and when I get the blade tensioned, how I want it, the tension release lever near the blade swings forward and loosens the tension. I now have a rubber band holding it down as I run the saw. I have tried adjusting the...
            Today, 09:58 PM
          • will8989
            Reply to Pegas saw
            by will8989
            Bob, thewoodworkingshows.com Baltimore is 1/3-1/5. Lately it seems they always have space. And it’s not that far for you to travel!
            Hegner converted their top blower to a vacuum which I really like. What needs to be changed on the Pegas saw? I don’t want to buy something than need to change...
            Today, 09:01 PM
          • vgraf
            Reply to Pegas saw
            by vgraf
            Rolf,
            Most blowers blow the dust from the left side to keep the cutting line clear. Did you disconnect your blower so that the vacuum system sucks the dust from the left keeping the pattern lines clear?
            Today, 07:34 PM
          • vgraf
            Reply to Price Tags
            by vgraf
            I found some small tags at Hobby Lobby. They were in the Jewelry materials section.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Beads-Jew...p/13171-TI0524

They were about 3/8" x 5/8".

$4.99 for a packet...
            Today, 07:22 PM
          • Rolf
            Reply to Pegas saw
            by Rolf
            I added a trap to catch the small pieces that I don't want to lose. Also a simple swivel so I can swing the top part out of the way without messing with the upper nozzle. I did not glue the joints in case I get a clog. ...
            Today, 05:23 PM
          Working...
          X