Pegas blade holders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pegas blade holders

Is anyone with a ex21 using these blade holders tell me about them is it worth the money etc ???

I have had them on my EX21 for about six months. What a difference. I noticed less vibration. Well worth the price.
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Prior to upgrading I replaced the tips several times and the clamps with OEM parts and was about replace then again when the Pegas Clamps hit the market.
      I been using the PEGAS clamps for approx. 20 months.
      I rarely have a blade slippage since the upgrade. I have lost track how many operating hours I have on them close to 200+. As far as I am concern they are worth every cent.

As Denny mentioned less vibration so I able to run the scroll saw hat higher speeds.
      Last edited by cwmagee; 08-09-2019, 09:24 AM.
      cwmagee
      aka Fibber
      Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

Thats fantastic thank you VERY much !!!!!!

Comment

I also installed them on my EX21. With the EOM blade holders I always had an issue with small blades, size #1 and smaller, bending at the tips no matter how I adjusted the clamps. With the new clamps they worked great right out of the box.
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Disclaimer: I sell the clamps.

Part of the reason that you see less blade slippage is that you can easily adjust the set screw opposite to the thumbscrew to ensure the blade is centered in the clamps. On the OEM clamps, you need to break loose the threadlocker holding the set screw in place, unscrew the set screw the whole way, clean out the threads on the screw and in the clamp, apply more threadlocker to the screw and screw it into place, hoping to get it into the correct position before the threadlocker grabs.

The set screw on our clamps is locked in place with a nut. To adjust the set screw, loosen the nut and back the set screw out a bit. Position the thumbscrew where you want it. Then tighten the set screw up until it's against the thumbscrew and tighten the nut. No threadlocker required.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,
            Bob Duncan
            National Sales Manager--Woodworking
            Grobet USA
            www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

I see you got your question answered, but I will add that since I put them on my DW788, I have never had any second thoughts.
              Jim
              When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
              Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Agree with everyone. I have the EX-21. The set screw with nut works well to keep the blade positioned exactly where you want it.
                Jo Labre - in beautiful Racine, Wisconsin

Mostly, I don't know what I am doing - but I am doing it with GUSTO!

Comment

Originally posted by BobD View Post
                  Disclaimer: I sell the clamps.

Part of the reason that you see less blade slippage is that you can easily adjust the set screw opposite to the thumbscrew to ensure the blade is centered in the clamps. On the OEM clamps, you need to break loose the threadlocker holding the set screw in place, unscrew the set screw the whole way, clean out the threads on the screw and in the clamp, apply more threadlocker to the screw and screw it into place, hoping to get it into the correct position before the threadlocker grabs.

The set screw on our clamps is locked in place with a nut. To adjust the set screw, loosen the nut and back the set screw out a bit. Position the thumbscrew where you want it. Then tighten the set screw up until it's against the thumbscrew and tighten the nut. No threadlocker required.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,
                  Bob Duncan
                  National Sales Manager--Woodworking
                  Grobet USA
                  Bob, I lost the nut that holds the set screw. It must have fallen off into nowhere land. Is there a replacement available?
                  Denny
                  ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Denny,
                    We do have them available. I'll put you in touch with a retailer; if anyone else is looking for one, please let me know.

Bob
                    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

I would assume it is an ordinary metric nut that would be available at your local hardware store. probably 4 or 5 mm
                      Rolf
                      RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Have had them on my EX-16 for about 6 months and they work better than the stock Excalibur ones.

Less slippage and hardly any breaks that aren't due to my using them to the point of the blade snapping from heat friction.

Good investment IMO
                        Woodtography - photography in wood
                        http://www.Woodtography.com

Comment

I bought a set of Pegas Blade holders for my DeWalt after first seeing this post. They came in yesterday and I added them on last night. I noticed an immediate improvement in less, almost non existent vibration. It can handle the nickel test. Before, with the original holders, there was a minute' bit of vibration.

Centering the blade, top and bottom, was a breeze. I really like it.

Thanks for suggesting it!

Hank Lee
                          Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                            Advent wreath
                            by will8989
                            For one of my good customers. From the fall issue 2016. Cherry and African mahogany. Bruce turned the candle holders as we couldn’t find candles to fit any already made wooden holders. I used the green sparkle unicorn spit over green paint for holly leaves and red for the berries. Yes, I actually...
                            Today, 11:39 PM
                          • Ennobee
                            Reply to 10" long truck.
                            by Ennobee
                            Looks pretty neat. So it's from a 2x4: 3 in wide, 'bit less then 2 in. high? So how did you get the trunk cut out? You mentioned cutting the sides with a scroll saw, did you slice off two sides and then cut out the middle?...
                            Today, 09:46 PM
                          • vgraf
                            Reply to sanding sealer or shellac
                            by vgraf
                            I use sanding sealer on baltic birch plywood, pine and birch if I am going to stain them. Without the sanding sealer, the stain will be blotchy. I use the water base sealer from minwax. After it drys I sand to at least 150 grit and often to 220 grit. Wipe it with a tac cloth then apply the masking...
                            Today, 08:27 PM
                          • Jim Finn
                            Reply to 10" long truck.
                            by Jim Finn
                            We, our club, delivered over 900 toys last week to The Salvation Army, Ronald McDonald House, and a local children's hospital. Included were most of these trucks. (I sold a few)
                            Today, 07:17 PM
                          • NC Scroller
                            Reply to sanding sealer or shellac
                            by NC Scroller
                            The real nice thing about using shellac and alcohol mix for ornaments is you only have to wait minutes before you tie in your ribbons and packaging.
                            Today, 10:48 AM
                          Working...
                          X