No announcement yet.

God Bless The U S A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your cutting is top notch as always and I'll bet your eyes and fingers were tired after cutting those stars.
    As others said, great sentiment and as a medically deferred child of a veteran, I appreciate the plaque.
    Jim
    When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
    Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim McDonald View Post
      Your cutting is top notch as always and I'll bet your eyes and fingers were tired after cutting those stars.
      As others said, great sentiment and as a medically deferred child of a veteran, I appreciate the plaque.
      Thanks Jim. I was drafted and failed the physical, so too I am medically deferred son of a WW11 veteran,
      Denny
      ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Impressive patriotism!
        Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Originally posted by Linda In Phoenix View Post
          Impressive patriotism!
          Thanks Linda.
          Denny

Comment

Beautiful work as always Denny.

However, I feel the need to "defend" the "new" generation. I feel that too often we paint things with too broad of a brush anymore. As a mother of two of this "new" generation - I can assure you that they have been taught and raised to understand and appreciate that the freedoms they have in this country have been provided due to the sacrifices of the men and women in uniforms throughout time and continue to be with those presently serving. I am not an anomaly in that respect. I have seen and know plenty of this generation who are good, well mannered, well respecting young men and women. All is not lost with them. I do not believe they are the few. They "learn" from their elders - probably more then they are given credit for.
            Melanie from East TN

Comment

Originally posted by meflick View Post
              Beautiful work as always Denny.

However, I feel the need to "defend" the "new" generation. I feel that too often we paint things with too broad of a brush anymore. As a mother of two of this "new" generation - I can assure you that they have been taught and raised to understand and appreciate that the freedoms they have in this country have been provided due to the sacrifices of the men and women in uniforms throughout time and continue to be with those presently serving. I am not an anomaly in that respect. I have seen and know plenty of this generation who are good, well mannered, well respecting young men and women. All is not lost with them. I do not believe they are the few. They "learn" from their elders - probably more then they are given credit for.
              Yes, Melanie, children learn from their parents. Just a side note. At a parade, we were taught to stand with our hand over our heart when the first color guard walked by. The parades in Dayton go right by ArtCrafters and we are out there standing for the flag. Of the hundreds of other people of all ages, no one stood for the flag.
              Denny

Comment

I don't want to detract from your original post, but. Denny that is sad, I am an immigrant and also spent 11 years in the AF. I confess that I still get a bit misty eyed when I hear our national anthem and our flag as I see it go by in our local parades.

Well said Melanie.
                Rolf
                RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Sandy Oaks
                  Reply to Colwood wood burner Great support
                  by Sandy Oaks
                  Good to hear about great service and support
                  Today, 09:14 AM
                • Rolf
                  Colwood wood burner Great support
                  by Rolf
                  I was using my older Colewood Super pro II yesterday and I could not control the temperature. As soon as I turned it on the tip went to the max. I opened it up to have a look.
                  Not much in the box a Transformer, a small circuit board with a few components. I decided to call the company and I believe...
                  Today, 08:27 AM
                • Rolf
                  Reply to ?????? ??
                  by Rolf
                  It seems that new members don't present themselves in the new members section. If anyone spots a new member encourage them to introduce themselves in the new member section.

I will send Kaylee a note to see who is overseeing the forum.
                  Today, 08:06 AM
                • Jim McDonald
                  Reply to ?????? ??
                  by Jim McDonald
                  As you know, we lost a ton of folks during the time the board was being redone and a lot of them ended up at the Village and have never looked back.
                  As far as updates to the software, I am with Scott on having no clue. I do wish some of the old timers would check in from time to time, even...
                  Yesterday, 07:43 PM
                • NC Scroller
                  Reply to ?????? ??
                  by NC Scroller
                  I know Bob Duncan used to monitor and work on forum issues. No clue who is handling it now....
                  Yesterday, 05:37 PM
                Working...
                X