Dream Catcher Silhouette Ornaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream Catcher Silhouette Ornaments

I was looking through old magazines and found these. The patterns are by Keith Fenton and found in CWWC June 2011. They are made from 1/4" Mahogany approximately 4" in diameter. I used FD UR #! and NS #2/0 blades. The finish is two coats of spray Shellac. I embellished them with string and beads. Comments welcome.
    Last edited by Sandy Oaks; 06-25-2019, 11:30 AM.
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Those are awesome Denny. I really wish I had been around to get some of those CWWC magazines! You have shown some nice things from there. One person over in the Village has posted about maybe getting rid of some so I have reached out to him to see if we can work something out. yes, I'm a pattern hoarder. (Among other things. )
    Melanie from East TN

Comment

Originally posted by meflick View Post
      Those are awesome Denny. I really wish I had been around to get some of those CWWC magazines! You have shown some nice things from there. One person over in the Village has posted about maybe getting rid of some so I have reached out to him to see if we can work something out. yes, I'm a pattern hoarder. (Among other things. )
      Thanks Melanie. I have every issue going back to 2007. When I am at a loss for scrolling ideas, I pull out old magazines.
      Denny

Comment

The dream catchers are really nice, Bruce used to make dream catcher earrings before he started woodworking. At the time, I did scrollsaw and he made earrings. LOL I have most of the magazines. I am going through all of them and Bruce is taking what I don’t want to the Woodworkers guild for exchange. Of course, I’m keeping any issue that has Christmas items in it. About 2 months ago he came home with issue #3 of sswc which gives me a complete set to date!!
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Thanks Betty. Dianne suggested reducing the size for ear rings.
          Denny

Comment

Dream catchers are just that....they seem to catch the eye of someone they appeal to. You did a great job, as always.
            Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Thanks Linda. We will see how they sell.
              Denny

Comment

These are some of the earrings Bruce used to make. I’ve had them for about 20 years and are quite worn. He would make them at the table at the shows when we first started. Indian folklore has it the dream catchers are hung in Windows and the webbing in the center would catch all bad dreams so only good ones got through.
                Melanie I am cleaning out my mags. Let me know what issues you have and I will send you a list of CWWC I’m getting rid of. I will be doing this in with other things, so it will be sporadic. Only thing I would need will be postage as I will send them through the post office.
                Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Guess I forgot the earrings.
                  Attached Files
                  Betty

Comment

Originally posted by will8989 View Post
                    These are some of the earrings Bruce used to make. I’ve had them for about 20 years and are quite worn. He would make them at the table at the shows when we first started. Indian folklore has it the dream catchers are hung in Windows and the webbing in the center would catch all bad dreams so only good ones got through.
                    Melanie I am cleaning out my mags. Let me know what issues you have and I will send you a list of CWWC I’m getting rid of. I will be doing this in with other things, so it will be sporadic. Only thing I would need will be postage as I will send them through the post office.
                    Oh Betty, that is so nice of you. I don't have any of the CWWC magazines so any you have you want to get rid of I will be happy to pay you postage and a little more for your trouble! Sporadic is good or if you just want to stockpile them for a while and then send in a bigger batch is fine. Just let me know. It didn't work out with the guy

Those are some beautiful earrings Bruce made. Thanks for showing.
                    Melanie from East TN

Comment

I have some if it fits boxes from the post office, and will fit as many as I can. Pulled some yesterday when I was looking for Christmas ornaments.
                      Betty

Comment

Originally posted by will8989 View Post
                        I have some if it fits boxes from the post office, and will fit as many as I can. Pulled some yesterday when I was looking for Christmas ornaments.
                        Thank you Betty. You are very kind, just let me know whenever you are ready.
                        Melanie from East TN

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X