Do you know what this Is?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know what this Is?

I should have had one of these for years.
    I did Not make it on a scroll saw but it will be useful..
    I
    The other John A. Nelson
    johnsworkshop.com
    sigpic
    I just follow the lines and make sawdust
    on a Seyco ST-21 and a Yellow DW788

Is it one of those things I didn’t know I needed until I saw it?
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Originally posted by will8989 View Post
      Is it one of those things I didn’t know I needed until I saw it?
      Yes, it depends on what things you make.
      The other John A. Nelson
      johnsworkshop.com
      sigpic

Comment

A template for an oval.

Comment

A holder for the Black Hole.

Comment

A drill guide for an angled hole
            Rolf
            RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

All of the above?????
              ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

If you make puzzles or toys you should have one. https://www.cpsc.gov/Business--Manuf...drens-Products they sell for about 10 in plastic so I made one.
                The other John A. Nelson
                johnsworkshop.com
                sigpic

Comment

Then the puzzle in this issue would not be for children under 3 due to the 2 small pieces. I don’t paint. I don’t put wheels on things, most of my kids puzzle pieces are too big to fit in their mouth. It’s that “one” that will get you. Thanks for printing excellent info. Guess I’ll just enlarge my puzzles bigger.
                  Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Which is why I quit making toys. I used to make a lot of wood toy cars & trucks with the 3/4", 1", and 1-1/2" wheels. I, also made a lot of wood toy trains. Everything was made out of hard woods and really glued well.

And it makes no difference if the kid that get's them is 5 years or older, because Susan, from next door, will bring along her 2-year old or Aunt Ellen and 3-year old cousin Betty will show up.

One of those youngsters will start playing with the toys and throw it against the wall. Or there will be a tantrum and it will be smashed to the floor. A wheel, a headlight, a linkpin for the train, or whatever will break off.

BTW: Mom's don't notice those small parts until the kid decides to see how well they chew and starts choking on it.

In my case I was lucky and it happened to a nephew of mine. And the kid was given a quick back pat and coughed the headlight out. But, my sister told me that a neighbor suggested to my nephew that they sue because of the choking problem. The Nephew told them to butt out, but I took the hint a moved my concentration to wood turning and the intarsia.
                    Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Thanks for passing this on.

"Time to give back."
                      "Time to Give Back"

Comment

I was afraid some of my puzzles would not pass the test, but they did.. (I have some that I sell that would not (they are from the magazine) so I am not going to make them for sale anymore as I am worried about sales of those.. Maybe the magazine should have a statement of warning of small pieces if they monitor this site..
                        The other John A. Nelson
                        johnsworkshop.com
                        sigpic

Comment

Don’t forget to carry insurance if you sell a lot. It’s a necessary expense and a good "silent" partner and hope it stays that way. Where does the responsibility of the maker of an item end and the responsibility of the purchaser begin? My sealife puzzle is purchased by older people due to its complexity but - if they leave it laying around and a child gets a part and chokes, is that my responsibility or theirs? People ask how to judge a puzzle for a certain age. I read somewhere it is the child's age plus 3-5 pieces. When I ask the age of the puzzle being bought, I have never received an answer under 3, so I tell them 6-8 pieces for a 3 year old. Puzzles are a great seller for me so I will continue to sell them and make sure my insurance is paid!! So Denny, what are you doing with the puzzle you made from this issue? Good post!! Lots of information.
                          Betty

Comment

The problem now a days everyone is sue happy, no matter who’s at fault, RJ
                            Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Betty asked: "Where does the responsibility of the maker of an item end and the responsibility of the purchaser begin? My sealife puzzle is purchased by older people due to its complexity but - if they leave it laying around and a child gets a part and chokes, is that my responsibility or theirs?"

Short Answer - Theirs. Adults, who have small children in their house should be aware of the safety zones.

One company who has lots of experience with this is Lego's. I had a friend who managed a Lego's store. One of the stock questions for senior folks buying for grandchildren was: "How old is the child, you are buying for?" He said that many of them were buying kits for 2 and 3 year old children. He said that Lego handled hundreds of choking lawsuits yearly.

He told me about one Grandmother, who stood at the body parts kiosk and put together a Lego girl. She purchased it, walked over to another woman with a stroller and handed the Lego girl to the toddler riding in the stroller, who promptly put it in her mouth and started sucking on it.

Lego has age limit and choking hazard warnings up the wazoo and adults just don't pay attention, but are ready to jump if the kid chokes on something they shouldn't be playing with.
                              Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X