Some of My Latest Projects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of My Latest Projects

I apologize for the double post for those of you who visit the Village, as I posted this there and at the Cafe. However, I know many here do not visit other sites. As a result, I wanted to share here so that you guys knew that I did in fact use my saw and didn't just visit the sites.

This first one is a JGR pattern. You can get it on her website, but it was also in the Summer 2018 edition of the Magazine. I used blue pine, aspen and walnut as I recall.

The next photos are of cell phone holders. The patterns came from scrollers online.

The next photos are of an oval box I made completely with my scrollsaw. Pattern came from the Woodworkers Journal (2014). I had a lot of poplar wood on hand and used it. Only AFTER i had done that did I discover that poplar does not take stain very well. I did use a sanding sealer first, then there were about 4 coats on it I think. It turned out okay but I probably won't use poplar for a box again that I want to stain. Still deciding on handle and whether I am flocking

Then the last two photos are of bandsaw boxes I have been working on recently. Patterns are from the book "The New Bandsaw Box Book" by David Picciuto.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_4764.jpgIMG_0774.jpgIMG_0781.jpgIMG_4766.jpgIMG_4768.jpgIMG_4735.jpgIMG_4660.jpg
    Melanie from East TN

Very well done, Melanie. Looks like you are sure having fun.
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

You certainly have been busy. Your work is beautiful. I use lots of poplar, mostly because Bruce gets it for free from the sawmill he volunteers at, and I have found that it is mostly good for painting, which as we all know I don't do too much of. I do use it for puzzles for kids and when I dip it, it changes color rather dark. I tell the customers buying the puzzles the kids can have a great time painting the pieces. I also use it in my sealife puzzles but don't finish it as I want the green or purple color, not a ucky color after dipping! LOL
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Some really nice work Maelanie ! I do visit the SSV not familiar with the Cafe.
        Rolf
        RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Melanie,

Nice work!

I like your JGR Project
          cwmagee
          aka Fibber
          Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

Thank you everyone for the nice comments and taking the time to look and post one. I had the poplar because I have used it like Betty, I use it to make the animal puzzles and simply dip them in a finish. I agree that it tends to "darken" up a tad when doing that.

Rolf, the scroller's cafe is another forum that I found via some others referencing it at different times probably over in the Village. Like this and the Village, a great bunch of scrollers. A smaller group of folks like this one. Usually the references were to some cute patterns being shared over there. Many made by Gayle. So one day I decided I had to go and take a look. Some of the people there are also in the Village.

For those interested in looking around in the Cafe - you can find it here: https://thescrollerscafe.discussion....ity/categories
            Melanie from East TN

Comment

Really Nice! You've been a busy lady. I really like those bandsaw boxes.
              Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

You have been busy, or stockpiling to show us all at once. I get busy and forget to post a lot. But I check out the forum several times a week. Your pieces are absolutely beautiful. And that dimpling on the moon really worked magic. Very nice job on everything!
                Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Very nice work Melanie. You are a busy bee aren't you?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X