Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas wreath from Steve Good pattern

When I saw this pattern, my thoughts were "how would this look in color?"

I enlarged the pattern to about 10 1/2 Diameter. I then drilled out the holes for the holly berries with a 1/2" forstner bit. I next made the inside cuts, placed the cut piece on a backerboard and marked the inside of the holly and berries on the backer board with a pencil. I painted them with acrylic and masked them off and spray painted the red center. I glued them together, touched up the paint and cut the perimeter.

That's very sharp looking. Nice job.
    Keith

Comment

It looks great in color! It really pops.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Looks great. Thanks for sharing.
        Melanie from East TN

Comment

I agree, the color really makes the project pop.
          Denny
          ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

The paint takes it to another level. Great Job.
            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I'm sure that was time consuming, but well worth the effort.
              Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

I gave this a like, but have to express how good the color makes it look. You probably should e-mail a photo to Steve. I'm sure he would appreciate it. Seems he gets great joy out of interpretations of his patterns.
                Jim
                When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
                Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Thank you to all of you for your kind comments. I probably have around 14-15 hours in this. I ended up having to do three coats of the red and green border colors to get the intensity I wanted. Also, I measured it again and it is more like 14" in Diam.

I did send a copy to Steve and he also thought the colors made design pop.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Don in Brooklin On
                    Reply to wipe on poly and tack cloth
                    by Don in Brooklin On
                    I use wipe on poly quite often and I apply 2 thin coats before sanding with 220 or 320. I wipe with a lint free. Someone told me not to use tack cloth as you can leave behind a wee bit of beeswax witch could cause issues later on.

I make sure that the surface is dry and not tacky before...
                    Yesterday, 05:41 AM
                  • dwssr2
                    wipe on poly and tack cloth
                    by dwssr2
                    Question, when sanding polyurethane in between coats, using a tack cloth, is it ok to wipe on poly while the project seems tacky or should a person wait a few hours to let it dry?
                    How necessary is it to sand between coats of polyurethane? I am sure people have a lot of different opinions and...
                    04-24-2019, 05:58 PM
                  • tgiro01
                    Reply to Do you know what this Is?
                    by tgiro01
                    Betty asked: "Where does the responsibility of the maker of an item end and the responsibility of the purchaser begin? My sealife puzzle is purchased by older people due to its complexity but - if they leave it laying around and a child gets a part and chokes, is that my responsibility or theirs?"...
                    04-24-2019, 12:20 PM
                  • RJweb
                    by RJweb
                    The problem now a days everyone is sue happy, no matter who’s at fault, RJ...
                    04-24-2019, 10:03 AM
                  • will8989
                    by will8989
                    Don’t forget to carry insurance if you sell a lot. It’s a necessary expense and a good "silent" partner and hope it stays that way. Where does the responsibility of the maker of an item end and the responsibility of the purchaser begin? My sealife puzzle is purchased by older people due...
                    04-24-2019, 08:44 AM
                  Working...
                  X