Chick-fil-a drivethru xmas train

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chick-fil-a drivethru xmas train

One of our local Chick-fil-a restaurants asked me, in October of last year, to create a 5 foot tall x 40 to 50 foot long Christmas display for their drive through. It took me most of November, but they loved it. I made s total of 10 yard-art style pieces out of 1/2" thick marine grade plywood, cut with a jigsaw, then hand painted both sides with exterior house paints. They told me what they wanted, including describing how they'd like the cows to look, and what I had artistic leeway on. And yes, I was granted proper permission to use their logo--which also had to be hand painted. Far more painting then wood working I admit. Quite the project, but they loved it. They've already said they need more train cars and other items to add to the display for Christmas 2019. This was way out of my normal direction, but it was rewarding to see their delight when it was all delivered. By the way -- I was grateful their maintenance guy was the one in charge of figuring out how they wanted to "install" it!
    Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Wow that is some project! really well done and your paint work is beautiful.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Nice project. I'm sure the painting took far longer than the woodworking. That's a lot of paint.
      Thanks for sharing.

"Time to give back."
      "Time to Give Back"

Comment

Very interesting project. Quite the attention getter. Our CFA has a local artist paint Christmas scenes on the inside of the windows.
        Jim
        When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
        Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

looks really good.

Dan

Comment

Awesome job! Looks like it was a lot of fun. Kudos to your painting. I'm a klutz at painting.
            Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

I would recognize that as a Chick Cow any where!!! You nailed this one!!
              Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

That is so cool! Congratulations on a job well done!
                Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

The hardest part for me was indeed the painting. And mentally extra hard getting my head into doing some cows that looked like the "real" cows in their commercials and on billboards...and some like their cow costumes people put on in the restaurants for family night. They wanted a mix of both. My brain was confused, wanting to go all one direction for consistency. But they wanted all facets of their cow family, and that is what they got. But it was different, and very exciting to see it all come together.
                  Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Linda, again amazing. I can't imagine a project of that size. The painting is fantastic.
                    Denny
                    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Hobbyhorse
                      Desk top music stand
                      by Hobbyhorse
                      A desk top music stand using one of Steve Good's patterns, made from 45,000 year old swamp kauri and finished with lacquer. The centre scrolled portion is 3 layers of the kauri at 3mm thick and laid up like plywood. I saw this pattern on one of Sandy's cuttings and rather liked it and put it i my to...
                      Today, 03:18 AM
                    • leehljp
                      Reply to Canisters or Bags
                      by leehljp
                      I have two DC units and use bags too. I have not used canisters because of what you said concerning price, and my experience with mini canister use on shop vacs. My experience in shop vacs and specifically the large FEIN 8 year old unit - is that the canister on it gets filled rather quickly; logic...
                      Yesterday, 09:47 PM
                    • millwab
                      Reply to House warming puzzle
                      by millwab
                      I usually don’t give anyone a picture either. Even my Christmas card puzzles go into the envelope unassembled with no indication of what the card looks like. For this one I made up my own card for them (complete with pictures) and put the envelope inside the box. Before they opened it I warned them...
                      Yesterday, 08:35 PM
                    • Will M
                      Reply to House warming puzzle
                      by Will M
                      Well done.I have been doing the same thing for my neighbors.After I take a picture of their house I add their names to it on the sidewalk.I don't give them a picture of it when I give it to them.They are really surprised when they get it together.
                      Will M
                      Yesterday, 07:35 PM
                    • Jim McDonald
                      Reply to Help
                      by Jim McDonald
                      Put the hammer down and slowly walk away. Twenty years of selling and supporting electronics taught me some new language and that a hammer is a poor choice for installing printer drivers. ...
                      Yesterday, 06:15 PM
                    Working...
                    X