Use of hold down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use of hold down

On the Woodcraft show today on KNPB they had a scrollsaw project. It seemed to me they had a little problem making it look like the hold down was necessary and useful.
    ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Necessary no, useful yes, for users with arthritis in their hands, such as me. On my Hegner scroll saw the holddown can be stored up out of the way when not in use. I find mine very useful especially when cutting thicker wood.
    Stoney aka Al

This gettin old stuff ain't for sissies!

Comment

I know some people use them. Mine is in a baggie with the other accessory parts for my saw. It just gets in the way and I have no problems with holding the piece down. I do a lot of cutting at an angle and it is totally worthless for that.
      Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

I just finished a project using 1/8" Baltic Birch plywood with UR #3 blades. Maybe the hold down would keep the plywood from jumping.
        Denny
        ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

That is a huge blade for 1/8. I would be using a 28 TPI blade for that. Even my Olson 2/0 Reverse is not good for one layer 1/8 as the gap between the down and up teeth is huge and makes the wood want to jump.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
            That is a huge blade for 1/8. I would be using a 28 TPI blade for that. Even my Olson 2/0 Reverse is not good for one layer 1/8 as the gap between the down and up teeth is huge and makes the wood want to jump.
            I agree Rolf, but IF and when you see the project in the magazine you will see why I used such a large blade.
            Denny
            ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X