SS250 Scroll Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS250 Scroll Saw

I have a delta SS250 scroll saw that has been in the box for more than 2 years. I bought it at the local hardware store on sale and never used it. Now that I am retired I thought I might start cutting out some of the scroll saw patterns I have collected. I plug the saw up and try to adjust the speed control and It keeps the same speed all of the time. Delta will not replace the speed control. Has anyone had the same problem with a Delta SS250 and what should I try next. A new speed control cost more than what the scroll saw cost to start with. Joe

Hi Joe, Welcome to the group. Unfortunately Delta does not support the old saws anymore. What is the serial and part number on the saw.? I think that saw was discontinued years ago. They must have had it sitting around for a while. I will ask my club members if anyone has one they are willing to part out.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Here is the information off of the replacement part book. Delta Shopmaster SS250 SS-1D-A part no. 905600. The control board part no. is 900675 and also listed is a jumper part no. 1342742 and variable speed switch part no. 1342743. Hope this helps. Thanks, Joe

Comment

Hi Joe,
        None of my club members have this saw.
        Rolf

Comment

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I also have this saw. After several moves, I pulled it out to discover I'm missing some of the upper blade hardware. No retrofit kit is available and the OE parts are all discontinued and out of stock. Joe Wallace I would be willing to buy the upper parts off your machine, if you still have it.

~Carl

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Carl View Post
            Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I also have this saw. After several moves, I pulled it out to discover I'm missing some of the upper blade hardware. No retrofit kit is available and the OE parts are all discontinued and out of stock. Joe Wallace I would be willing to buy the upper parts off your machine, if you still have it.

~Carl
            Joe has not logged unto the the site since last August. Did you check on ebay and Craigslist in your area?
            Scott
            Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I have an old delta in the basement, if I get a chance today I will have a look to see what I have left on it. and what model it is. I sold my my old SS350. If it has anything that is useful I will post here.
              Rolf

Comment

Originally posted by NC Scroller View Post
                Joe has not logged unto the the site since last August. Did you check on ebay and Craigslist in your area?
                Yeah, I saw that. But who knows what his notifications are set to, right? I figured it was worth a shot on the off chance he had email notifications on.

Craigslist turns up nothing so far except an SS350 which has a different top clamp.

Rolf If yours is still there, and intact, I would love a few photos of the assembly with a blade in it. I don't need to make frequent blade changes, so I am okay with putting in some more cumbersome hardware as long as I can keep the blade from flopping around. I bought it years back at a garage sale, and I'm honestly not sure I ever used it. The way it is right now feels foreign, but that could be just the missing pieces.

Thanks!

Comment

Crazy Carl

I have a working delta s250 shipmaster with all it s original parts to include the tools that came with machine. If you or anyone else is interested let me know. It would be a waste to let this great tool placed on the shelf and not used.

Saw Guy

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
                    Reply to Another Celtic cross
                    by cwmagee
                    Alex, your creativity is amazing, keep up the great work.
                    Yesterday, 09:47 PM
                  • Harry
                    Reply to Toy jeeps
                    by Harry
                    Hi Jim.

The paints I used are mainly aerosol spray.

The green is Rus-oleum Painters touch, craft enamel.

The red is a stores brand own name, just called Wilko's

Don't know if you will get either of these in Mexico, but I'm

sure you...
                    Yesterday, 01:18 PM
                  • jim_mex
                    Reply to Toy jeeps
                    by jim_mex
                    Great work and patience needed to pull off these smaller toys. You did a fantastic job! I really like them.

I'm curious to know what type of paints you use if you don't mind sharing the brand name.
                    Yesterday, 10:15 AM
                  • jim_mex
                    Reply to Another Celtic cross
                    by jim_mex
                    Nice precise work Alex, as always from you.

I also find Celtic these designs fascinating due to their intricacy and geometrical symmetry but I doubt I have your patience to cut them!

Well done!
                    Yesterday, 10:12 AM
                  • Rolf
                    Reply to My first craft show next weekend
                    by Rolf
                    Bstark, take a look at out simple table setup that I have posted in Bettys posting. This fair is an annual fund raiser for our churches women's group. So I pay for two 8 ft tables (so I don't need to bring any) A couple of nice table clothes and I put shutters on each end and made special shelves...
                    Yesterday, 08:28 AM
                  Working...
                  X