Trains

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trains

I am looking for a pattern maker that makes 3D train patterns that are rather detailed. Not wanting a portrait style pattern. More interested in something that is realistic looking. I think I had seen something like this but can not remember where or who. Anyone seen anything like this and do you have a link?? Thanks.
    John T.

Are you thinking Intarsia? Or compound cutting?
    Rolf
    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Not sure what you call it. It is not either. But I did find some from Scroller LTD They are basically grown up toys where the train is made from pieces of wood. I also found an elaborate fret sawn one by Pedro from Spain. These are all 3 D Thanks.
      John T.

Comment

We would like to see some pictures when you are finised. Thanks
        ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

If I get some done over the summer I sure will. I just did a show last Sat and at my shows I always like to ask people what they would like to see me carry in my inventory. I got trains as a response a couple times. I have been trying to change over my line of projects this past year and added quite a few new items and next year I hope to have even more new things. I try to incorporate something for everyone. Mostly clocks is what I do but I have many things and will keep adding.
          John T.

Comment

Is this the type of train your looking for?http://toysandjoys.com/74-locomotive...al-burner.html
            The other John A. Nelson
            johnsworkshop.com
            sigpic
            I just follow the lines and make sawdust
            on a Seyco ST-21 and a Yellow DW788

Comment

Originally posted by keystonecop View Post
              Is this the type of train your looking for?http://toysandjoys.com/74-locomotive...al-burner.html
              yes thanks. I ordered a pattern from scroller that looks like this and when I get it I will look to see if it is the same thing. I may order this one too. This will be something different than what I am used to doing. I may try to down size these patterns. That is quite long.
              John T.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• alexscrollsaw
                Tiger fretwork
                alexscrollsaw
                Tiger fretwork, 450 cuts
                Size 10x13 inches (without frame), birch plywood, 1/6 inch, gloss varnish
                pattern is available at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlexFoxUA

Today, 04:03 AM
              • will8989
                Conversation with Bruce
                will8989
                Me: I can’t believe I’m almost out of wood. Only 2small pieces of cherry and some poplar. No wood, no baskets for Wednesday night. Bruce: well, where is the wood? Me: in the bank. Bruce: what’s it doing in the bank? Me: seriously? He went to the carpenter shop where the sawmill is for Elm and...
                Today, 12:56 AM
              • will8989
                Reply to Farmers Mkt today
                will8989
                Another great day yesterday, almost a sell out!!! Sold all but 3 Small baskets, some card holders and a few other things. Repeat customers. Freezing cold!!! Now, what do I take for Wednesday night?
                Today, 12:40 AM
              • hotshot
                Reply to Coin Cutting Weekend
                hotshot
                Sorry, I totally missed this question, for CorelDraw, crop you pattern to the edges on all sides, then scale the pattern to 100mm x 100mm then export that to PDF. What that does is than anyone can take you pattern then make it fit any coin by just printing to a percentage that matches the size of the...
                Yesterday, 11:44 PM
              • Quartz43
                Reply to epoxy
                Quartz43
                I have used several different epoxy. I use 5 and 15 minute epoxy for most things. I use the Bob Smith brand from Amazon. I mix it in small pill cups and measure by weight with a cheap small digital scale. One does need to be careful as it is not mixed one to one by weight and you have to check directions....
                Yesterday, 06:51 PM
              Working...
              X