Finishing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finishing

Have not posted here in awhile, have moved over to Facebook for most posts and Questions. So I will share a facebook post that I made.

Cut more things than I thought over the Summer. Sacramento in the 80's so tomorrow everything gets a bath for about 10 minutes in WATCO natural oil. Then rest for about an hour, wipe off and spray with air. Back into the box with fresh newspapers . Will wipe them down again after that one more time. Then a few days rest. Everything except the trivets will get a couple of coats of DEFT semi-gloss lacquer spray. Why did I post? to share how I do it, and get last minute advice.. Thanks in advance.
    The other John A. Nelson
    johnsworkshop.com
    sigpic
    I just follow the lines and make sawdust
    on a Seyco ST-21 and a Yellow DW788

I don’t have any advise as you are doing what I do, but I do have a question. Where did you get those trays? I used to have a diabetic dog that required special food from the the Vets office. A case came with trays about the size of yours. He has been gone for a few years. I still have some and use them like you do, but the are getting old and wearing out and soon will have to be replaced.
    Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

Originally posted by dgman View Post
      I don’t have any advise as you are doing what I do, but I do have a question. Where did you get those trays? I used to have a diabetic dog that required special food from the the Vets office. A case came with trays about the size of yours. He has been gone for a few years. I still have some and use them like you do, but the are getting old and wearing out and soon will have to be replaced.
      my wife picks them every time she goes to Sams Club... So Sorry they changed the boxes. mine are worn and stained.. but usable.
      The other John A. Nelson
      johnsworkshop.com
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the tip.
        Rolf
        RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

John. looks like you are into mass production.
          Denny
          ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Oaks View Post
            John. looks like you are into mass production.
            Only on a couple of Items.. Started with making whirligigs about 20 years ago.. got to the "I hate to paint" stage and moved on to fretwork.. Now I am into the hate to finish stage.. (better than painting) I wait to do a lot at one time to save on cleanup..

The other John A. Nelson
            johnsworkshop.com
            sigpic

Comment

I need a wait and see timeout. Used Watco Natural 275 VOC Danish Oil , which is new to me. Got sticky after about 10 minutes of drying time. Looks ok. time will tell. Never got sticky before , used Natural 350 VOC Danish Oil which I had to get in Nevada.. A California thing. I sure hope it will work. so far the end grain looks better , just worried about what happens when I give it a lacquer spray.. I will wait a time with Patience.
              The other John A. Nelson
              johnsworkshop.com
              sigpic

Comment

Thank John for the tips. For "dipping" I use Deftoil Natural.

I hear many products we use every day, such as mineral spirits and even turpentine, are now banned in the Left Coast.
                Scott
                Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X