No announcement yet.

Hawk scroll saw - need advise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a good deal. Hope you have good luck with it.

"Time to give back."
    "Time to Give Back"

Comment

Here is the saw I bought, I had to add on a small addition for its new home. I have a magnifying light and side tray for it as well.
      Clayton

Comment

Looks like a lot of good sawing ahead!! Thank you for sharing.
        Floyd
        ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

Very nice setup.
          Denny
          ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

I don't see any sawdust?
            Rolf
            RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
              I don't see any sawdust?
              I just got it put in place and getting my shop cleaned/organized from the add on / remodel. Soon I will be cutting with it.
              Clayton

Comment

I looked again at what you paid for it. That really was a super deal with the wheels and all the other accessories.
                Rolf

Comment

Originally posted by Woodtography (tm) View Post

Frank still makes the EZ set for RBI and other saws, but the one that Rolf pictured above is the one I have also (upper and lower on my G4). It was known as the "The Quick Set II Blade Holder System".

Here is the link to Franks site with the retrofit items:
                  What is modified on those new clamps from this web site? I have a older Hawk and in looking at the pictures which are quite small and hard to tell whats what.. I don't see much advantage over a stock clamp.. Now the clamp with the older style Delta adapted to it looks like is a nice improvement.. Wish that website showed better pictures or better yet.. a video demonstration.. as I really can't understand how this modified one is much if any different?
                  Kevin

Comment

Kevin I was looking at that the other day and was wondering the same thing. On the older Hawks the upper blade clamp was not removable without tools. It looks like Pozgais current modification allows you to pop the upper blade clamp off which makes it very much like the current design on the new Hawks. Then top and bottom clamps are the same. You could send him an e-mail for verification.
                    Rolf

Comment

I upgraded my Hawk upper clamp to the new BM style because I had the real old style that you couldn't adjust the set screw for the quick release lever at the front of the saw.. They suggested I get the newer one to fix the issue I was having with the cam lever not staying down against the upper arm.. This is on a old 220VS early 90's model.. so I can remove that upper clamp.if I wanted to.. not sure what advantage that has though..other than if I stripped it out.. I suppose I wouldn't need to press out the roll pin or change out the whole unit..
                      Kevin

Comment

Kevin, since you have made that change already the new assembly from Pozgai would not make any difference.
                        The advantage of being able to pop the clamps off, at least for me is that I have several clamps pre-loaded with the blade that I am currently using. So when I wear one out or break one I just pop in a new one and continue cutting in the time it takes me to flip the tension lever. I do however really love the Delta clamp on my upper arm.
                        I now keep my eye out for rusty old delta saws at local yard sales and scavenge the parts. Frank Pozgai still has the aluminum part just can't get the Delta clamps anymore.
                        Rolf

Comment

I'm probably a little biased Clayton, but that G426 is a great saw! I like top feeding, and that is a fantastic top feeding saw. It5's also one heck of a fine scroll saw. Congratulations on a great addition to your shop!
                          Manufacturer Of Heirloom Quality Sawdust

I wasn't born in the south, but I got here as fast as I could!

Dewalt DW788 Hegner Maximat 18

Comment

Forgot to mention I also have the Pozgai blade clamps upper and lower. Don't do much bottom feeding anymore, but I do love mine on the bottom. I have the regular RBI blade holders on my 226 VS Ultra. I use both saws but the G426 mostly. The 226 VS was purchased as a backup saw.
                            Manufacturer Of Heirloom Quality Sawdust

I wasn't born in the south, but I got here as fast as I could!

Dewalt DW788 Hegner Maximat 18

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Tomanydogs
                              Reply to Magazines Published
                              Tomanydogs
                              That's GREAT thanks Randy. Early Christmas present for me. YEAH!!!
                              Yesterday, 11:31 PM
                            • hotshot
                              Reply to Magazines Published
                              hotshot
                              They have though of this, and I own them. Pretty interesting to see the vendors from the early days, and see how the pattern designers improved their craft over the years. Also, there was a lot of Corian and stuff in the early issues.

Here is a quick way to get to these: https://foxch...
                              Yesterday, 09:19 PM
                            • Tomanydogs
                              Magazines Published
                              Tomanydogs
                              Hi, Has the magazine ever thought of or ever done a series of CD's (not sure if CD's are still the thing) of all the magazines published? I would purchase it! National Geographic did that, a real handy resource to have.
                              Yesterday, 03:26 PM
                            • Tomanydogs
                              Reply to Spiral Blades
                              Tomanydogs
                              Thank you for that Hank, I will persevere!!! I'm not a quitter, I'm smarter then a straight blade LOL....
                              Yesterday, 03:07 PM
                            • leehljp
                              Reply to Spiral Blades
                              leehljp
                              I did some scroll sawing successfully with a cheap Sears pin scroll saw back in the early '90s and enjoyed it because I didn't know any better! (I was living in Japan at the time and there was no internet to have access to people who knew.) So, I used what I had. Then LOML bought me a DeWalt scroll...
                              Yesterday, 01:20 PM
                            Working...
                            X