Hawk scroll saw - need advise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk scroll saw - need advise

I have always wanted a Hawk saw, now I have a chance to buy the G4 mode; pretty cheap. My question is - is this a good model? I have not heard much about it.

I don't know much about it, I can't hear or see it run, It is on a local online auction. Right now the bid is $130
    Clayton
    Last edited by clayton717; 08-05-2018, 11:16 AM.
    Clayton

Rolf will tell you, that is what he has..
    AKA Paul from Washington State

Comment

Yes that is what I have, I have had mine since 2005. I absolutely love the saw. It is a top and bottom feeder. once you get accustomed to the tensioning system, which in reality is simple but confusing to some. I would jump on it. Do you have more information SN etc.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
        Yes that is what I have, I have had mine since 2005. I absolutely love the saw. It is a top and bottom feeder. once you get accustomed to the tensioning system, which in reality is simple but confusing to some. I would jump on it. Do you have more information SN etc.
        Thanks, no I don't have any info other than a couple pictures. from the pics it looks to be in great shape. As long as someone doesn't get to bid happy, hopefully it will be in my shop next week.
        Clayton

Comment

Personally, if possible I would up my bid some. Is this Ebay? There are those that wait till the last possible second to bid, and there is software to help, can't remember the name just now, but you tell it what to bid at the last possible second.... I use to use it.....

Comment

Originally posted by Scrappile View Post
            Personally, if possible I would up my bid some. Is this Ebay? There are those that wait till the last possible second to bid, and there is software to help, can't remember the name just now, but you tell it what to bid at the last possible second.... I use to use it.....
            I have increased my bid. No its not ebay, it has a soft close, so if someone someone bids in the last 5 minutes, it extends the auction another 5 minutes.
            Clayton

Comment

That's an interesting auction. Is it local?
              ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

Originally posted by mtwoodguy View Post
                That's an interesting auction. Is it local?
                It was through www.hibid.com. It appears they have auctions and on line auctions all over the U.S and Canada. I found it because a local auctioneer uses them for his online auctions.
                Clayton

Comment

thanks for the input, I am now the owner of a Hawk G4. Hopefully it is as nice as the pictures showed. $ 330 final bid
                  Clayton

Comment

Good deal! If I can help with questions let me know. In case you don't get the manual with it you can download it here. Be warned it is about 110 lbs. withe the legs attached.
                    http://www.bushtonmanufacturing.com/...anual_G426.pdf
                    Last edited by Rolf; 08-31-2018, 07:54 AM.
                    Rolf

Comment

Congratulations. I am anxious to read how it works for you. Also thanks for posting the site, lot of fun to look through things.
                      Last edited by Scrappile; 08-08-2018, 07:31 PM.

Comment

I also have a G4 with the Pozsgai upgrade clamps. Sadly, both are not manufactured anymore

Anyway, congrats on the good buy and here is a link to Bushtons youtube page and the direct link to the HAWK G4 INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO for you to watch while waiting for your saw !

If you want to see other videos, Bushtons video page is here: http://www.bushtonmanufacturing.com/Videos.html

Woodtography - photography in wood
                        http://www.Woodtography.com

Comment

I have the Pozgai clamps only on the top. For those taht are not familiar with what we are talking about. Frank of Pozgai designs made an adaptor for the Hawks that used the original Delta speed clamps. It makes blade changing incredibly fast without any blade distortion. The main thing with them was to not over tighten them so as not to bend the lever. DSC_7886 (600 x 402).jpg
                          Rolf

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
                            I have the Pozgai clamps only on the top. For those taht are not familiar with what we are talking about. Frank of Pozgai designs made an adaptor for the Hawks that used the original Delta speed clamps. It makes blade changing incredibly fast without any blade distortion. The main thing with them was to not over tighten them so as not to bend the lever. DSC_7886 (600 x 402).jpg
                            Frank still makes the EZ set for RBI and other saws, but the one that Rolf pictured above is the one I have also (upper and lower on my G4). It was known as the "The Quick Set II Blade Holder System".

Here is the link to Franks site with the retrofit items:
                            Pozsgai's Designs--We specialize in scroll saw innovations
                            Woodtography - photography in wood
                            http://www.Woodtography.com

Comment

Thank guys for the help. I have the saw in the shop, now to make room for it and try it out.
                              Clayton

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X