It's surprising what others think.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's surprising what others think.

A couple months ago I had thickness planed some 3/4 pine from Lowe's to ~ 1/2". I was making a display for my grandson's Karate belts. There is usually some scrap left when the cutting is done. In this case only a piece about 3 x 5 of the said 1/2" pine. While the glue was curing on the main project, I marked it off in a grid and cut the scrap into puzzle pieces on the scroll saw. I just sprayed them with clear acrylic a couple times and set aside for later.
    The next time I took the afor mentioned grandson to his karate lesson, I took the puzzle to give the other folks something to play with. The instituter gave me permission to leave it in the viewing area.
    I am amazed at the people that thank me for that simple thing. I have since made another 3D puzzle that is a bit more difficult to assemble.
    Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
    Desert Woodcrafters
    Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

You did a good thing, and your "scrap" is very much appreciated. Sometimes it's the simple stuff in life that people appreciate most.
    Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• leehljp
      Ladder Legs
      leehljp
      I subscribe to a daily email from "homemade tools" and a few are hilarious, and some are ingenious. Here is an amusing one:
      http://www.homemadetools.net/forum/l...-18#post115897

Enjoy.
      Today, 07:06 PM
    • Scrappile
      Reply to Elk Meadow
      Scrappile
      Well done. Elk, are one of the most beautiful animals in North America as far as I am concerned.
      Today, 01:04 PM
    • Sandy Oaks
      Reply to Pricing
      Sandy Oaks
      Lee, we have a pen turner displayed at ArtCrafters. Many of the pens are $25 and we sell maybe 4 - 5 each month. I am sure at a place like Knoxville he could more than double the price....
      Today, 09:34 AM
    • Rolf
      Reply to 1st cabinet UP!!!!
      Rolf
      We could not do that in our kitchen the ceiling and walls are way too crooked. So to fool the eye some of our cabinets go all of the way up with trim molding the others are lower also with crown molding. There is no continuous line to catch the eye.
      Today, 08:34 AM
    • will8989
      Reply to 1st cabinet UP!!!!
      will8989
      WHAT? We’re taking them down? Bruce decided he should have put them flush with the ceiling so we’re taking them down and raising them 1/2”!!! Do you know how heavy these are? He decided he wanted as narrow as possible, or no, molding at the top at all. And yes, Scott they have stuff in them.😲😲...
      Today, 08:26 AM
    Working...
    X