It's surprising what others think.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's surprising what others think.

A couple months ago I had thickness planed some 3/4 pine from Lowe's to ~ 1/2". I was making a display for my grandson's Karate belts. There is usually some scrap left when the cutting is done. In this case only a piece about 3 x 5 of the said 1/2" pine. While the glue was curing on the main project, I marked it off in a grid and cut the scrap into puzzle pieces on the scroll saw. I just sprayed them with clear acrylic a couple times and set aside for later.
    The next time I took the afor mentioned grandson to his karate lesson, I took the puzzle to give the other folks something to play with. The instituter gave me permission to leave it in the viewing area.
    I am amazed at the people that thank me for that simple thing. I have since made another 3D puzzle that is a bit more difficult to assemble.
    Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
    Desert Woodcrafters
    Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

You did a good thing, and your "scrap" is very much appreciated. Sometimes it's the simple stuff in life that people appreciate most.
    Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Hobbyhorse
      Reply to Out on the Farm
      Hobbyhorse
      Well that is something different ... good one!
      Today, 04:09 PM
    • Labtechjc
      Reply to Out on the Farm
      Labtechjc
      This one is mine. I have the Photoshop file to prove it too! But the moose that I mentioned was the inspiration. Thinking about doing some more, but have to find some silhouettes that I like first.
      Today, 12:36 PM
    • will8989
      Reply to It’s getting real
      will8989
      I asked Bruce this morning if this is really happening? Emptying cabinets and will start taking down uppers over the week-end! LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time getting to this point. Budget is great. I still have $1900 left budgeted for the kitchen, not including appliances...
      Today, 12:34 PM
    • will8989
      Reply to Coloring Wood question
      will8989
      Thanks. I'll have to check the analyne dyes I have. I use the powered and mix as needed for the birds for the bird houses. Good post. Gave me some new ideas besides paint.
      Today, 12:27 PM
    • will8989
      Reply to Out on the Farm
      will8989
      That is neat!!! Your pattern or did you buy it?
      Today, 12:24 PM
    Working...
    X