It's surprising what others think.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's surprising what others think.

A couple months ago I had thickness planed some 3/4 pine from Lowe's to ~ 1/2". I was making a display for my grandson's Karate belts. There is usually some scrap left when the cutting is done. In this case only a piece about 3 x 5 of the said 1/2" pine. While the glue was curing on the main project, I marked it off in a grid and cut the scrap into puzzle pieces on the scroll saw. I just sprayed them with clear acrylic a couple times and set aside for later.
    The next time I took the afor mentioned grandson to his karate lesson, I took the puzzle to give the other folks something to play with. The instituter gave me permission to leave it in the viewing area.
    I am amazed at the people that thank me for that simple thing. I have since made another 3D puzzle that is a bit more difficult to assemble.
    Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
    Desert Woodcrafters
    Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

You did a good thing, and your "scrap" is very much appreciated. Sometimes it's the simple stuff in life that people appreciate most.
    Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
      Reply to Local craft fair very disappointing.
      NC Scroller
      Sad but seeing this trend more and more. I think there are several reasons. In general fewer people are interested in hand crafted goods made by local artists. They see what they like and buy it no matter if I was hand crafted locally or commercially produced. Second the made overseas stuff is cheaper...
      Today, 07:43 AM
    • WynnD
      Reply to Confused "newbie", here!
      WynnD
      The set screw Carole mentioned is opposite the blade tightening knob. She is correct the screws will make the blade be off center. I had only one problem with the DW. There is a fitting on the end oif the motor arm. Mine came loose and made a racket. I followed the video you mentioned and it was very...
      Today, 06:40 AM
    • handibunny
      handibunny
      Start by retracting the set screw fully on both upper and lower clamps, then turn them each the same amount until they have protruded enough to grab the blade when you tighten the thumb screw. If for some reason the blade is still not completely perpendicular, adjust them until it is. Should not be...
      Today, 06:08 AM
    • will8989
      Reply to Local craft fair very disappointing.
      will8989
      A lot of fairs in this area are going back to the way it used to be meaning you need to submit pictures of your work and some equipment. A lot of promoters are also visiting craft shows and talking to vendors and asking them to apply for their show. this is my 3rd year at the howard county 3 day show...
      Today, 12:12 AM
    • cwmagee
      cwmagee
      If my memory is correct you have a set screw on the left side of blade clamp and the thumb screw on the right side on both upper and lower blade clamps. If you do not adjust both set screws so they are the same (just proud of blade clamp slot), your blade will not be square.
      Yesterday, 10:01 PM
    Working...
    X