Intertwined Circle Pattern

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intertwined Circle Pattern

After I cut this pattern, I started to wonder what it would look like if I "Freed" the pattern from the outside coin. I don't know if it is better or not, but I like it. I pictured the before and after.
    (I tried a marathon session to try to finish most of this in one session, so the cutting started getting a little sloppy as I fatigued and started to hurt. If I ever do it again, I'll cut it over days instead of hours.

There are 62 cuts in the initial design and cut on an Eisenhower. This is somewhat of an optical illusion, your eye might immediately see flowers inside of circles, but if you looks closely, the whole pattern is just interwoven circles.

InterwovenCircles.jpg

ModifiedCircles.jpg
    Last edited by hotshot; 03-11-2018, 02:03 PM.
    "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Gee, I wish my sloppy cutting looked like yours. 😁. I love the intricacy of the design, and admire your constant pushing the envelope. Truly a treat for the eyes.
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

You've outdone yourself again, Randy. That's a really nice cutting job. Like Carole, I wish I was as sloppy as you.
      Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Looking good Randy! Yeah I don't see anything there I would consider sloppy. I can tell you I don't believe my old eyes and hands could do what you do. Thanks for showing us.
        Stoney aka Al

This gettin old stuff ain't for sissies!

Comment

Very nice work and I don't see anything sloppy about it. Not sure which version I like better. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.
          Thanks for sharing.

"Time to give back."
          "Time to Give Back"

Comment

That is amazing. I can't imagine cutting something so intricate.
            Jo Labre - in beautiful Racine, Wisconsin

Mostly, I don't know what I am doing - but I am doing it with GUSTO!

Comment

I like both, I think you need to do a second one
              Rolf
              RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Beautiful either way!
                AKA Paul from Washington State

Comment

So very wonderful. Rookies and regulars, PLEASE remember to stretch regularly. Fatigue can cause injury, and we want to keep seeing the beautiful work of our members for years to come.
                  Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• leehljp
                    Ladder Legs
                    leehljp
                    I subscribe to a daily email from "homemade tools" and a few are hilarious, and some are ingenious. Here is an amusing one:
                    http://www.homemadetools.net/forum/l...-18#post115897

Enjoy.
                    Today, 07:06 PM
                  • Scrappile
                    Reply to Elk Meadow
                    Scrappile
                    Well done. Elk, are one of the most beautiful animals in North America as far as I am concerned.
                    Today, 01:04 PM
                  • Sandy Oaks
                    Reply to Pricing
                    Sandy Oaks
                    Lee, we have a pen turner displayed at ArtCrafters. Many of the pens are $25 and we sell maybe 4 - 5 each month. I am sure at a place like Knoxville he could more than double the price....
                    Today, 09:34 AM
                  • Rolf
                    Reply to 1st cabinet UP!!!!
                    Rolf
                    We could not do that in our kitchen the ceiling and walls are way too crooked. So to fool the eye some of our cabinets go all of the way up with trim molding the others are lower also with crown molding. There is no continuous line to catch the eye.
                    Today, 08:34 AM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to 1st cabinet UP!!!!
                    will8989
                    WHAT? We’re taking them down? Bruce decided he should have put them flush with the ceiling so we’re taking them down and raising them 1/2”!!! Do you know how heavy these are? He decided he wanted as narrow as possible, or no, molding at the top at all. And yes, Scott they have stuff in them.😲😲...
                    Today, 08:26 AM
                  Working...
                  X