No announcement yet.

Has there ever been

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jt It is a tough balance for the magazine. I did a presentation at one of the open houses titled "advanced scrolling" , my first statement to the group was that there is no such thing. There are different levels of difficulty but, as you say, the basics never change. So once you master the basics the rest is up to our own mostly self imposed limits.
    I have yet to make a segmented bowl, we do have a few masters in our club. DSC_0772 cropped (523 x 600).jpg The guy who did the large vessel was a math teacher, I believe it was best in show that year.DSCN2143 cropped (436 x 600).jpgDSC_0776 cropped (600 x 521).jpg
    Last edited by Rolf; 01-21-2018, 09:35 AM.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

WOW! What patience and clear thinking.
      ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

Roft,
        that is beautiful, and was that done with a scroll saw, RJ
        Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Rolf I understand and the magazines are for some but not me and I am looking to sell all my back issues too. Someday I have to get those all together. So many more patterns on the web sites and you can narrow your interest down more easily. With a magazine you are just hoping to find a project. That is why many people probably just go to wherever they sell them in stores and rummage through them instead of getting subscriptions any more. I use to get about 15 different woodworking magazines but I am dropping them all. Too many tool studys and they are all the same. Depending on who supports the magazine is the way the tool studies lean. Just like you said Bob can not piss anyone off with scrollsaw tests it is because they support the magazine. I do not have enough years left in me to do all the projects I want to do now. Very nice eye candy. Painting with wood. Love it.
          Last edited by jttheclockman; 01-21-2018, 11:00 PM.
          John T.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Hobbyhorse
            Reply to Out on the Farm
            Hobbyhorse
            Well that is something different ... good one!
            Today, 04:09 PM
          • Labtechjc
            Reply to Out on the Farm
            Labtechjc
            This one is mine. I have the Photoshop file to prove it too! But the moose that I mentioned was the inspiration. Thinking about doing some more, but have to find some silhouettes that I like first.
            Today, 12:36 PM
          • will8989
            Reply to It’s getting real
            will8989
            I asked Bruce this morning if this is really happening? Emptying cabinets and will start taking down uppers over the week-end! LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time getting to this point. Budget is great. I still have $1900 left budgeted for the kitchen, not including appliances...
            Today, 12:34 PM
          • will8989
            Reply to Coloring Wood question
            will8989
            Thanks. I'll have to check the analyne dyes I have. I use the powered and mix as needed for the birds for the bird houses. Good post. Gave me some new ideas besides paint.
            Today, 12:27 PM
          • will8989
            Reply to Out on the Farm
            will8989
            That is neat!!! Your pattern or did you buy it?
            Today, 12:24 PM
          Working...
          X