Christmas Word Art - O Holy Night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Word Art - O Holy Night

I needed a quick easy project from the new magazine. The word art is made from 3/4" Poplar and the star is made from 1/4" Yellowheart. The pattern is by Bruce Shea and found in SWWC Winter 2017 issue #69. I used FD UR #1 and #5 blades. The finish is one coat of sanding sealer and two coats spray Shellac. Comments welcome.
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Very nicely done Denny. Thanks for sharing this with us.

DW
    Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
    John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by DWSudekum View Post
      Very nicely done Denny. Thanks for sharing this with us.

DW
      Thanks DW. How you doing health wise?
      Denny

Comment

Denny,

Nice work!

While I did receive the latest issue yesterday, I have not had an opportunity to look at it let alone attempt any of the projects.
        cwmagee
        aka Fibber
        Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

I really think you did a fantastic job on that piece.
          AKA Paul from Washington State

Comment

Thanks Fibber and Paul. The next maybe Sue Mey's compound ornaments.
            Denny

Comment

Love it. I am doing the Nativity one from that issue. Working on it now. Will post when done.
              Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Originally posted by will8989 View Post
                Love it. I am doing the Nativity one from that issue. Working on it now. Will post when done.
                Wow, can't wait to see it.
                Denny

Comment

Wow, that is very nicely done. Congrats on a great job.
                  Bill

DEWALT 788 and Hegner 18vs..... AND STILL CUTTIN IT UP!!!!

Member of Scrollsaw Association of the World

Comment

Thanks Bill. Really appreciate the nice comments.
                    Denny

Comment

I really like that design! it is also on my to do list. I hope it looks as good as yours Denny.
                      Rolf
                      RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
                        I really like that design! it is also on my to do list. I hope it looks as good as yours Denny.
                        Thanks Rolf. I am sure it will, Rolf. Your work is top notch.
                        Denny

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Oaks View Post

Thanks DW. How you doing health wise?
                          Much better. Was in the hospital for a week, they got 2 1.2 gallons of excess fluids out of me, now I can breath and move around. Change of diet, and monitoring of Blood Sugar and Pressure is what I have now. Scary time.
                          Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
                          John Wayne

Comment

It looks great. I will definitely make that one. It is similar to the Christmas one with a hanging star in last years winter magazine. i made several of those and have given them away as gifts.

Magazine still not here in So. Calif!

Comment

Please take care of yourself DW. One day at a time. I've been dealing with type 2 for 15 years. Still diet controlled but it isn't easy. If you need any food hints, just let me know. I have lots that get me through the day. If you like chocolate ice cream, I have a great avocado chocolate ice cream recipe loaded with vitamin A.
                              Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• marshall
                                Reply to Believe Plaques
                                marshall
                                No it's not my pattern and off hand I forgot who give it too me , would have to pull it back up on the PC to find out who it was that gave it too me . I always tell people that the line on the cross may not be cut perfect , but the man that was crucified on the cross was perfect in every way . Tha...
                                Today, 06:41 PM
                              • hotshot
                                Reply to Something new, that is not a Coin . . . per se
                                hotshot
                                It is in the garage. Is that enough or do I need to have the door cracked/open? My smell is pretty decent, and there is not much of a smell. I'm running at a very very low amps/volts, so there are no bubbles from the gassing, but I'm a rookie, so I could be killing myself without knowing it. I'm actively...
                                Today, 05:23 PM
                              • Maisie
                                Blade too close to guard - tension problems
                                Maisie
                                Hi, I've been scroll sawing since 2015, so not really a newbie, but am not sure where to post this - Over the last month I've been having problems with new blades stretching to almost the edge of the guard when I cut, whereas the blade used to always be in the middle of the guard and cut really fast,...
                                Today, 04:50 PM
                              • handibunny
                                Reply to Super max sander ?
                                handibunny
                                Rick, SuperMax was sold to Laguna. Not sure who is running the show now. You might call SupeMax directly and see if you can get more info. On the other hand, it’s a tool that’s well worth the wait.

Gary, what precursor to the SuperMax?
                                Today, 04:07 PM
                              • theframer
                                Reply to Super max sander ?
                                theframer
                                I ordered one with the tables from Woodcraft in Connecticut on February 14. They asked for a $100.00 dollar deposit which I was more than happy to pay. The tool has yet to be delivered and in fact I just got off the phone with the Woodcraft office and I was told that the sale of Supermax to Laguna...
                                Today, 04:01 PM
                              Working...
                              X