Star od David

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star od David

Several weeks ago, a customer came into ArtCrafters and asked if I could make any Jewish items. I found this pattern by Zohar Laor in SWWC Holiday 2010 issue #41. It is made from 1/2" Ash approximately 7 1/2" square. It reads 'Hear O Israel' according to the designer. I used FD UR #1 and #5 blades. The finish is one coat sanding sealer and one coat spray shellac. Comments welcome.
    Last edited by Sandy Oaks; 09-12-2017, 06:53 PM.
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Fun, the customer came in the store today and like the Star of David. He bought the item and may have orders for more.
    Denny

Comment

Pretty neat. Art of selling, find thing that resonate deeply with folks, and they will want it.
      "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

Nice job on the Star of David.

If you're looking for other options, my Hamsa box in a recent issue of SSW might be of interest. It's a more elaborate project, but might be something to offer to your customer, if something more elaborate is of interest.

I did a menorah for CWC a while back, and posted a different one on my blog several years back that's quite unique, and I've sent out many sets of instructions (for free) over the years for that project. If you're interested, let me know and I'll be more specific.

Most patterns for scrolled Judaica tend to be versions of the Star of David, which is fine, but doesn't do justice to the many lovely possibilities that exist.
        Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by hotshot View Post
          Pretty neat. Art of selling, find thing that resonate deeply with folks, and they will want it.
          So right, Randy. I had no idea even if he would return and he shows up the day after I made the Star of David.
          Denny

Comment

Originally posted by handibunny View Post
            Nice job on the Star of David.

If you're looking for other options, my Hamsa box in a recent issue of SSW might be of interest. It's a more elaborate project, but might be something to offer to your customer, if something more elaborate is of interest.

I did a menorah for CWC a while back, and posted a different one on my blog several years back that's quite unique, and I've sent out many sets of instructions (for free) over the years for that project. If you're interested, let me know and I'll be more specific.

Most patterns for scrolled Judaica tend to be versions of the Star of David, which is fine, but doesn't do justice to the many lovely possibilities that exist.
            Thanks for the suggestions, Carole. Are there other Hebrew symbols that will fir on the Star of David?
            Denny

Comment

Check out the Hebrew symbol "chai" which means "life" and is often found in the center of the Star of David.
              Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

One of the easiest would be an ornament shaped like a driedel. That is s simple top. Google it.

Scott
                Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Originally posted by handibunny View Post
                  Check out the Hebrew symbol "chai" which means "life" and is often found in the center of the Star of David.
                  Thanks Carole.
                  Denny

Comment

Originally posted by NC Scroller View Post
                    One of the easiest would be an ornament shaped like a driedel. That is s simple top. Google it.

Thanks. I saw those, but decided to do the Star of David.
                    Denny

Comment

Very nice looking project Denny and glad the man came back and bought it. Hopefully you can find some other good times to offer. Thanks for sharing.

On a side note: I tried to go to your site listed in your signature: www.sandyoaksonline.com but comes back as no such page - did you give that site up?
                      Melanie from East TN

Comment

Originally posted by meflick View Post
                        Very nice looking project Denny and glad the man came back and bought it. Hopefully you can find some other good times to offer. Thanks for sharing.

On a side note: I tried to go to your site listed in your signature: www.sandyoaksonline.com but comes back as no such page - did you give that site up?
                        Thanks Melanie. It wasn't worth keeping up, so I dropped the site. I forget to take it off the signature. Not sure how to remove it.
                        Last edited by Sandy Oaks; 09-13-2017, 05:01 PM.
                        Denny

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Oaks View Post

Thanks Melanie. It wasn't worth keeping up, so I dropped the site. I forget to take it off the signature. Not sure how to remove it.
                          Signature fixed. For future reference Hotshot, Rolf, and I have limited moderator access on this forum. We can fix and update some things. A signature update is one such thing.
                          Scott
                          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Scroller View Post

Signature fixed. For future reference Hotshot, Rolf, and I have limited moderator access on this forum. We can fix and update some things. A signature update is one such thing.
                            Thanks, your new title should be 'Limited Moderator'

Denny
                            Denny

Comment

One of the old magazines had a pattern for a Shalom puzzle. They sell really well for me. And, people always ask about other Jewish items. Their items aren't quite as commonly found at fairs and farmers markets, so they are quite taken by them. And yours looks outstanding!
                              Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X