Wacky Shelf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wacky Shelf

I finished this project this weekend. The pattern is by Sue Mey and found in CWWC August 2013. I have wanted to make this for quite some time, but didn't have the right wood. The wood is 1 1/4" Maple, discarded by the local La-Z-Boy Chair manufacturer. The trim is 1/8" Walnut and Red Oak plywood backing. It measures approximately 9" x 12". I used FD Polar #9 blades and finished with spray Shellac. I can see this as a display for small items such as rings or whatever. Comments welcome.
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

www.sandyoaksonline.com

Very nicely done Denny. Thanks for sharing this with us.

DW
    Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
    John Wayne

Comment

Thanks DW. Sue's design called for a block 2" thick, but with the backing it wouldn't fit the EX 21, so I went with 1 1/4" thick.
      Denny

www.sandyoaksonline.com

Comment

I really like it Denny. Sorry to say though CWWC was gone before I found this hobby last year so no back issues for me to obtain the pattern from. I will check Sue Mey's site and see if it is offered on there. Awesome that you were able to get the wood as discarded from the Lazy Boy plant. Your use for it sounds like a good idea. Do you plan to sell it in the shop or use it there as a display? Thanks for sharing.
        Melanie from East TN

Comment

That shelf is totally retro chic! Very nicely done.
          Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Originally posted by meflick View Post
            I really like it Denny. Sorry to say though CWWC was gone before I found this hobby last year so no back issues for me to obtain the pattern from. I will check Sue Mey's site and see if it is offered on there. Awesome that you were able to get the wood as discarded from the Lazy Boy plant. Your use for it sounds like a good idea. Do you plan to sell it in the shop or use it there as a display? Thanks for sharing.
            Thanks Melanie. It is on display at ArtCrafters, but it may end up at home.
            Denny

www.sandyoaksonline.com

Comment

Thanks Linda. It was fun to make.
              Denny

www.sandyoaksonline.com

Comment

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

"Time to give back."
                "Time to Give Back"

Comment

Thanks for the comments.
                  Denny

www.sandyoaksonline.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• handibunny
                    Reply to Drum sander tool
                    handibunny
                    Just saw an interview about the new SuperMax 16-32 on Facebook, and it was mentioned that the new folding infeed and outfeed tables are available for the 19-38. Price is about $149.
                    Today, 03:30 PM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Woodpeckers
                    will8989
                    Yes the email said one and done. Bruce rates their tools with Inca.
                    Today, 02:33 PM
                  • bstark
                    Reply to Scrapwood Bowl
                    bstark
                    Brilliant! I love it. I have tons of scrap wood that I just can't part with... and I have been pondering what I should do with it. Some of the pieces can be used with intarsia, but honestly, I am running out of storage for it. This is a great idea that I will be happy to borrow. =) Nice work.
                    Today, 11:01 AM
                  • Stoney
                    Reply to This doesn't happen often in the shop
                    Stoney
                    Yeah blade clamps falling on the floor huh? And I thought that only happened with a Hegner. I couldn't believe it the first time it happened to me with my Hegner. I finally got tired of looking for the bottom clamp when it left the scene and decided to do something about it.. I made a combination...
                    Today, 10:47 AM
                  • BobD
                    Reply to Drum sander tool
                    BobD
                    (facebook algorithms not allowing me to find the page right now... doh.) If the new one is the same one I receive a press release about (the quick adjustment lever, and folding infeed/outfeed tables), I've reached out to them asking if these can be retrofit onto older sanders...

Bob
                    Today, 10:04 AM
                  Working...
                  X