Whirligig

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirligig

A request by my neighbor for a whirligig, this was my choice. Whirligigs are one of my favorite things to make. Over my long years of woodworking I have made countless whirligigs of all types. comments are always welcome 01010023.JPG

Way cute. Well done on that whirligig
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Now you need to make a Road Runner for this one to chase! Beep Beep!
      Jim
      When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
      Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

That's a good one. Nice job. They are fun to make and provide fun entertainment. They can also keep the moles away!
        AKA Paul from Washington State

Comment

Originally posted by Jim McDonald View Post
          Now you need to make a Road Runner for this one to chase! Beep Beep!
          I had the road runner but my neighbor liked it so much that I had to give it to him.

Comment

Excellently done. Now you need to combine both him and the roadrunner in one Thanks for sharing this with us

DW
            Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
            John Wayne

Comment

What a fun project!, What wood do you use for these out door projects?
              Rolf
              RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
                What a fun project!, What wood do you use for these out door projects?
                Rolf, I use White pine or Cedar but the most important aspect is the painting technique. I always put on a white primer, use fine steel wool to remove imperfections, Apply exterior outdoor paint, rub fine steel wool after each application when dry and final finish I apply clear poly ( spray can )

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• tgiro01
                  Reply to Grizzly G0555x Band saw
                  tgiro01
                  Timberwolf has a 3/4" blade that is only .025" thick, so it works very well on a 14" wheel. Most 3/4" blades are .034" thick and it is hard to get proper tension o a 14" wheel with them. I tried a 3/4" blade from another company that is only .025" think, but they...
                  Today, 12:55 PM
                • leehljp
                  Reply to Grizzly G0555x Band saw
                  leehljp
                  Spent yesterday cleaning up my shop - (once very two years!) and could not find my 3/4 inch BS wood slicer. Came in and discovered that I ordered and received a 1/2 inch wood slicer two years ago. (I keep the records on my computer.) I know I had a 3/4 inch at one time but finally figured out that was...
                  Today, 07:19 AM
                • dwssr2
                  Reply to paint roller,,,mini
                  dwssr2
                  she likes it...
                  Today, 05:28 AM
                • will8989
                  Reply to Back in business, for this year.
                  will8989
                  Here’s a thought. I have a friend who does amazing jewelry. She was on Etsy, Pinterest and her own site. One feeds the other. Could you do Pinterest with link to your site?...
                  Yesterday, 09:39 PM
                • will8989
                  The walls come tumbling down
                  will8989
                  well, the cabinets first. I emptied two yesterday and this is what I came home to after the farmers market today. Plus molding was taken down. Emptying lowers Sunday, taking down rest of uppers and by Wednesday will be ready to take out lowers, walls and floor. Need to be done that by Sat for the electricity...
                  Yesterday, 09:17 PM
                Working...
                X