Mac Mop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac Mop

I ordered a new Mac Mop from Klingspor. I didn't realize how worn the old one is until I got the new one. That is about ten years of sanding on almost every project. About time I bought a new one!
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Looks like you have done a lot of sanding with that one Denny. Glad you were able to get a new one. What do you attach yours to? One item I haven't gotten yet.
    Melanie from East TN

Comment

Originally posted by meflick View Post
      Looks like you have done a lot of sanding with that one Denny. Glad you were able to get a new one. What do you attach yours to? One item I haven't gotten yet.
      Lots of sanding, Melanie. I attach mine to a bench top drill press. Perfect for sanding irregular shaped projects.
      Denny

Comment

WOW i'd say your got your moneys worth out of that one. Melanie I have one mounted on a motor and also on the end of my Sand flee. DSC_3057 (600 x 402).jpgDSC_3059 (600 x 402).jpg
        Rolf
        RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
          WOW i'd say your got your moneys worth out of that one. Melanie I have one mounted on a motor and also on the end of my Sand flee. DSC_3057 (600 x 402).jpgDSC_3059 (600 x 402).jpg
          Thanks Rolf. I never thought of attaching it to the end of the Sand Flee
          Denny

Comment

Thanks Denny and Rolf for answering. Will have to figure out where I might could "add" one once hubby is finished reworking the workshop and tools layout.
            Melanie from East TN

Comment

I use my mops and flex shaft off the end of my SandFlee, too. Melanie, if you don't have room for the larger one, the smaller size is very handy. That's what I have and it serves me well.
              Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

So, let's say a poor folk could only get one, what would be the best grit? At least for now.
                AKA Paul from Washington State
                Hegner Multimax 22-V and Seyco ST-21

Comment

Originally posted by Scrappile View Post
                  So, let's say a poor folk could only get one, what would be the best grit? At least for now.
                  It depends what you want to use it for. I use mine for final sanding without changing the contour. I use 240 grit. At $40 not a bad deal for almost ten years of use.
                  Denny

Comment

I agree with Denny, I have 180 and 240 the 240 is used 95% of the time to soften edges and remove fuzzies.
                    Rolf

Comment

Originally posted by Scrappile View Post
                      Thanks for asking that great question and thanks to Denny and Rolf for answering it. Thanks Carole for adding your insight. He's almost done in the shop I think. We don't have a sand flee but he did get a SuperMax Drum Sander (thanks for that recommendation Rolf) but will have to see if there is a place to add it to the side of it. If not, I am sure there are other options out there.
                      Melanie from East TN

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I think the 240 is a good starting point. Will have to order next month, budget shot this month!
                        AKA Paul from Washington State
                        Hegner Multimax 22-V and Seyco ST-21

Comment

I love my Supermax, I was going to buy a small Jet bench top but the reviews were not so hot, then Carole did a lot of homework and bought the Supermax, a brand I had not heard of. It does not have an auxiliary shaft. A couple of suggestions for using it. !. Do not run anything with paint on it through as it will instantly load up the sandpaper. 2. Dust collection is an absolute must.
                          I normally have 80 grit on it and 220 when I pre-sand my Baltic birch ply.

Denny sorry for the momentary hijack.

Rolf

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
                            I love my Supermax, I was going to buy a small Jet bench top but the reviews were not so hot, then Carole did a lot of homework and bought the Supermax, a brand I had not heard of. It does not have an auxiliary shaft. A couple of suggestions for using it. !. Do not run anything with paint on it through as it will instantly load up the sandpaper. 2. Dust collection is an absolute must.
                            I normally have 80 grit on it and 220 when I pre-sand my Baltic birch ply.

Denny sorry for the momentary hijack.
                            Thanks for more insight. Yes, I had looked yesterday and you are right no auxiliary shaft on the SuperMax so will see eventually other choices. He has it setup now in its new home and has it setup with the dust collection system. All of the tools are tied in to it. I will get pics when he's done and I get things cleaned up a bit! Almost there. Surely I can find somewhere to put a little "Mac Mop". (Which puts us back on topic doesn't it! )
                            Melanie from East TN

Comment

A simple motor like what I have pictured above, with a chuck on it works great.
                              Rolf

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X