Deer Plaque

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deer Plaque

I made this this week end. I had to move the scroll saw into the house as it was too cold in the garage. The pattern is by Jacob Fowler and found in SWWC issue #65. In fact, I just purchased his book from Fox Chapel. It is approximately 8" x 10". I used 1/4" Walnut plywood and backed with 3/8" Baltic Birch plywood. I used FD UR #2/0 and #3 blades. There is one coat of 50% BLO and two coats of spray Shellac. Comments welcome
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

www.sandyoaksonline.com

What do you use to thin the BLO to 50%?
    ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

Very nicely done Denny. Thanks for sharing this with us.

DW
      Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
      John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by mtwoodguy View Post
        What do you use to thin the BLO to 50%?
        Mineral Spirits. Helps to dry quicker.
        Denny
        ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

www.sandyoaksonline.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
          Reply to The hits just keep coming
          Linda In Phoenix
          Lotsa prayers, and optimistic good vibes to you all.
          Today, 12:59 AM
        • Linda In Phoenix
          Reply to Fair win
          Linda In Phoenix
          Wow. Well deserved ribbons for sure. Our fair started doing some new rules about 2 years ago. Entries into "Home Arts" can be just about any design. Entries into "Fine Arts" have to be original designs. I know a couple of scrollers who used to compete in Fine Arts, especially...
          Today, 12:58 AM
        • Linda In Phoenix
          Reply to Do you wear eye prodection at the scroll saw?
          Linda In Phoenix
          I'm guilty of not wearing eye protection while scrolling---other than the magnifying glass. But, I do wear wrap around safety glasses when I'm sanding, routing, etc. At the recommendation of my eye doc a few years ago, I did add one safety/health step though. He recommended that a couple times...
          Today, 12:52 AM
        • Linda In Phoenix
          Reply to Controversial yet fun Xmas Santa
          Linda In Phoenix
          It is totally heartwarming to see that there is humor left in this world, and not everything has to fit some politically correct mold that attempts to please the twisted pantie nimrods. Scrollers seem to be some of the most well rounded and easy going group of folks there are. Even when we have...
          Today, 12:45 AM
        • Scrappile
          Reply to Do you wear eye prodection at the scroll saw?
          Scrappile
          I'd be far more concerned about lung protection, but I like some, use a magnifier lamp and wear glasses (not safety). i have broken many blades never had anything "fly" anywhere, well except my lower blade holder. I have glaucoma and cataracts (although not bad enough for surgery yet). ...
          Yesterday, 09:30 PM
        Working...
        X