New Here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here.

Just checking out the forum. Very nice layout and easy to navigate. One of the best I've seen. I'm just testing for posting a picture. I will put in a link to one of the clocks I recently made to see how that function works.
    W.Y.
    http://mypage.uniserve.ca/~bzy/R%20C%20Alone.jpg

Re: New Here.

Great clock Bill. It is as I would have expected from you. You just do good work. It is good to find you on a forum and I personally am looking forward to getting more good advice from your way.
    Happy Scrolling---- Grandpa Grizzly

Comment

Thanks Grandpa.
      I sure like the layout of this site. Very user freindly. I'm curious how to post a picture into the message area without just providing a link. I tried the  HTML tags like I normally use but it didn't preview showing a picture.

http://mypage.uniserve.ca/~bzy/Hex%20Keepsake%20Box.jpg

Any ideas?
      W.Y.

Comment

testing picture

Comment

Your pic WY

Hi William. Linda just sent me the addy to this forum last night.  It is a good one.

To post a pic. click on the insert image icon and delete the url and insert your own.

Lindy

Comment

Thanks Lindy;
            I figured it would be something very obvious that I missed.
            Here's one of the Rhinelander clocks that I have made.
            W.Y

http://mypage.uniserve.ca/~bzy/Rhine...%20F&S.jpg

Comment

Well, That's Odd

I tried removing the URL and putting in my own and it still just shows as a link.
              I clicked on modify and tried different ways several times and still no luck ??? :-[

Comment

Here you go

Hi William. just take out the URL and leave the brackets and img on either side

Hope this works

Lindy

Comment

Lindy;
                  Thanks...I thought that was what I tried a few times but here's one more go at it. The preview shows good so this shoud work
                  W.Y.

Comment

Great Work W.Y. - I hope that if I every enter my work in competition you are not there showing your work - I would not stand a chance. I must have taken you at least 15 min. to make one of those clocks.

Comment

Thanks John;
                      I do pick up an odd ribbon here and there. Red ribbons are first place where I live and blue ones are second. Then in other parts of the country, it's vice versa. Go figure.
                      W.Y.

Comment

Hi Bill and Linda,

Did you both know that I made the proto type of the clock for Dirk Boelman?
                        I made two and put one together myself and send all the pieces to Dirk for him to put it together.  That was to find out that everything would be OK.  We found a few pieces that  Dirk had to re-draw.

I did one more for him.

Now if I just knew how to place a picture on this thing.  Why do they make it so hard to do that.

Mike

Comment

That's nice to know Mike; The first one I made was easy to saw out but a little tricky to assemble. The second one was a piece of cake.
                          Check your email about posting pictures.
                          W.Y.

Comment

thats a nice clock bill,like they say about fine wine, you just get better as time goes on.Missed your input,looking forward to,nice things from this forum.

Comment

Thanks D*I*C*K;  There are a few words the site won't accept so this was my way around it.
                                The layout of this forum is so much better than some I've seen. As you know, it's quite a hassle to post pictures and *live* links in one in particular and too many goofy rules and regulations that so many dont agree with. Then in some others, they are loaded down with pop up ads.
                              This one seems to have the best of both worlds.
                              I think if we all do our part and promote this site, it could eventually turn into one of the major ones. I'm surprised that not a lot of people have found it yet. Let's not keep it our secret because the more participation, the better.  
                              W.Y.  
                              http://bill710us.tripod.com/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X