No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bill,
    Thanks for telling me about this link. I have known Scrollsaw Workshop from the very beginning and always supported them with an ad in the magazine. Great people to work with.
    Hope we get other scrollers to come. The postings about compound cuttind was very good, if he would use the Polar blades without reverse teeth, it might even go better. You don't want to use a blade with reverse teeth with 3-D or what is also called compound cutting.
    Mike

Re: New member

Hi Mike;
    Nice to see you here;

For anyone that dosn't know Mike, he is the distributor of the best scrollsaw blades I have ever used. If you have never used Flying Dutchman blades yet, by all means contact Mike at the following address and get a free sample .
    W.Y.

Comment

Re: New member

Wecome aboard mike,nice to see you here. richard

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Don in Brooklin On
        Reply to Blades
        by Don in Brooklin On
        I have been cutting a lot of 1 1/2 hardwood for mini birdhouses and my go to blade in the Flying Dutchman UR-5 as I like the finish it gives.
        For some real hard woods like cherry and hard maple I have had better luck with the FD polar bladed #5.

I had some cherry that was burning...
        Today, 12:30 AM
      • Linda In Phoenix
        Reply to Blades
        by Linda In Phoenix
        My preference would be Flying Dutchman #5, as it could handle it if you needed some tighter turns---and going to a #7 or #9 if doing a lot of straighter cuts. Plywood does dull blades a bit faster though, no matter the blade brand choice. The best blade is kinda a broad question---every brand works...
        Yesterday, 10:28 PM
      • Linda In Phoenix
        Reply to Blades
        by Linda In Phoenix
        I totally agree with Dan (dgman). I prefer Flying Dutchmans for most things, but I know others who absolutely swear by other top brands, and almost everyone go thumbs down on generics after trying the name brands---and the price difference is next to nothing if you know where to buy. Some suppliers...
        Yesterday, 10:22 PM
      • dgman
        Reply to Blades
        by dgman
        Wow, that is a loaded question! You will get a lot of opinions, but the best answer is the ones that work for you. My suggestion is to order or buy several types and sizes and brands, and use what works for you. I would suggest you not buy the generic blades you find in local hardware stores. The top...
        Yesterday, 09:52 PM
      • woodvender
        Blades
        by woodvender
        What are the sharpest smoothest cutting blades for scroll saws
        Yesterday, 08:12 PM
      Working...
      X