I'm Not A Carver But..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Not A Carver But..............

I have been  checking out this site and the work that some of you people have been doing and it is just fantasic. You deserve a lot of compliments for your expertise in the craft of your choice. I have little to offer on this particular board except congratulations on your carving and keep up the good work.
    I am a scroller and I participate in the Scrollsaw forum in this site . Come on over and have a peek if you like. Nice to see what other fellow woodworkers are up to.
    W.Y.
    http://bill710us.tripod.com/

Re: I'm Not A Carver But..............

Hi Bill,welcome.We welcome comments from all genders of woodworkers.Feel free to browse and comment whenever you want.I,ve seen your stuff and I can return the compliment.You do some fantastic work.As a carver and also a scroller I know how important it is to have these boards,so that we can all learn from each other and also show off our stuff.Take care and happy scrolling.
    Mark

Comment

Hi Bill -

Wow, your scrollwork is gorgeous!! Thanks for stopping over here to show it to us - I never think about looking through some of the other boards - and I can see that I should cause I'm missing alot of really cool stuff!!

Thanks!

Teri

Comment

Hmmmmm....actually, this gets me to thinking, you guys....

Should we open up our Picturetrail site to include all genres of woodworking being addressed on these boards? We could just add a few more albums and let the other folks know about it? Whadya all think? (Or maybe they already have their own, I don't know)

Teri

Comment

Sounds like a great idea to me, Teri, a lot of us here do different types of work, anyway!

Al

Comment

Hey Bill, I agree that your work is fantastic! One way you might be able to help us out is to give us directions on how you are uploading the pic right into this message board. I saw your pic on your board, and at times we like to show our members our current carving piece, placing the pic directly into the board the way you do it is great idea, can you share the method with us? Thanks Bill in NY

Comment

There is an icon above and slightly to the right of the smiley with teeth (4th one in). That is the insert image one you want. Click on it and it. Sometimes there is URL directly in the centre of that and if there is, backspace only URL out and leave all the rest.Then paste the URL to your own picture directly between the two outside parts.....Something like this.
              W.Y.

If you want to post multiple pictures, simply repeat the process below the first one like this

and this

and off course ....this....;-)

Comment

Hhmmmm.... my member status vanished when I posted the one just above. Wonder what happened.
                Going to try something...........

W.Y.

Comment

Yep.... that fixed it. Guess I had to log in..DUH !!! even though the box was checked to save my user name and password.
                  W.Y.

Comment

WY, I share your interest in clocks although I have not made one by scrolling.  I have built several using my own designs and carving the ornimentation.  It got to the point where I wanted to use clockworks that were worth more than the clock and I stopped making them!  Pictures can be seen on my website http://www.geocities.com/captainbandaids .  The oakleaf clock has a German movement and it has a really beautiful Westminster chime.

Comment

W.Y.

Beautiful work! I especially like the 'crooked' clocks. Might be time to buy a scrollsaw.

Good whittlin, Cliff
                      Charles City, Iowa
                      http://cliffordparker.tripod.com

Comment

Captain Bandaid;
                        I checked out your site. You do wonderfull work. Very nice indeed
                        W.Y.

http://bill710us.tripod.com/

Comment

Bill,

I noticed when you found this board and brought along some buddiess that I had nothing to offer you all in the way of advice but I can dump loads of admiration on you. way cool stuff! Gorgeous even! Somewhere down below I posted a welcome and it still stands. what a wonderful addition and a wealth of knowledge. Don't be shy in visiting.

Dave

Comment

Thank you everyone for the kind words.
                            W.Y.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X