presision ground blades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• presision ground blades?

I've been living for the past 17 years on Sears Craftsman blades. I would like to get some feedback on Presision ground blades. I noticed that a tight left hand turns take a little concentration. Do PG's alieviate this.
    Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
    No task is too tedious for Art.
    Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
    Featherwood Woodcrafts

Also, does anyone have a favorite blade brand, aand why?
    Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
    No task is too tedious for Art.
    Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
    Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Hi Jim, I don't want to start a blade war but I live by the PGT's. Steve
      If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
      My Gallery
      [email protected]

Comment

Danger! Danger! Blade disscussion. I have been using the PGT blades for a while the only draw back with them is the smallest blade is a 5. They have almost no burr and cut straight. You didn't say what you were cutting or how thick. All of the blade manufacturers have some excellent blades and we all have our favorites. You will see a dramatic difference between the PGT and the Craftsman blades.
        Rolf
        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I recently switched to the Flying Dutchman blades and was very impressed. They last a long time and have a good selection of sizes. You can get free samples from www.mikesworkshop.com

Comment

STANDARD ANSWER ALERT: I always tell people to get some samples from a variety of sources (listed in alphabetical order below)
            Flying Dutchman (www.mikesworkshop.com)
            Olson (www.olsonsaw.com)
            Pegas (www.bensscrollsaw.com)

Each has blades that work for different people...I've got blades by all three and use them for different projects.

Bob
            www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• millwab
              Reply to Source for 5-Ply poplar plywood?
              by millwab
              I’ve migrated to poplar from Baltic birch for my puzzles in part because it’s easier to cut and doesn’t wear out blades as quickly as the BB does. I can usually cut 5x the number of puzzle pieces in poplar than BB with each blade. I currently get my poplar ply from Cherry Tree. They sell it in...
              Yesterday, 11:30 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Tough Decisions
              by will8989
              Skimming through this post, I came across 1 response to Quartz and one to Bill Wilson as PMs from Kelly, a new editorial assistant, regarding our comments. Here is my 2 cents regarding the copying. To understand what we mean, please take the issue with the sword fish on the front and copy that on a...
              Yesterday, 11:15 PM
            • millwab
              Reply to Demo display
              by millwab
              I want to say I’ve seen the pattern before but can’t remember where. I’ll have to try searching the SSWC article index to see if it was in the magazine (although previous searches haven’t been too successful for me in the index)....
              Yesterday, 11:14 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Bruce’s latest project.
              by will8989
              It really isn’t that bright when you see them. I want to paint the rose and vine and leaves but he’s skeptical since I always say I hate to paint. I can actually paint just don’t like to that much. I think a dark red at the center of the rose graduating to a lighter shade on the outer edges and...
              Yesterday, 10:20 PM
            • Jim Finn
              Reply to Sorority letters
              by Jim Finn
              I finally got the order for the 9" tall version of this. 75 of them. Started on them today....
              Yesterday, 03:43 PM
            Working...
            X