Need To Know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need To Know

Not that your mind can wander while cutting, but I have a nagging question.
    Do you prefer to cut clockwise or counter clockwise? And if you have a preference, are you right or left handed? I am right handed and I prefer to cut counter clockwise. If I am the only one who thinks about this please tell me know so I start on my memorial.

I can cut quite comfortably either way...am right handed.
    Check me out on the web:
    http://www.kerrysworld.com

Comment

I am ambidextrous but mostly use my right hand and i like to scroll clockwise.
      kevin/pitbull.

Comment

Right-handed, clockwise. Unless I have to go counterclockwise.
        Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

I tend to like to go counter-clock wise. I am right handed.
          Bill

I have an RBI Hawk 220-3 VS

Visit my Gallery
          and website www.billswoodntreasures.com

Comment

LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

I'm also right handed and almost always cut counter clockwise. I think it's probably due to compensating for the tendency of the blade to track to the right. I can cut either way but find it more natural if I move the wood in a counterclockwise direction....HHHMMM...that means I'm cutting clockwise doesn't it!!?? LOL!!
              If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

I'm right handed and I cut either way.

Bob
                Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

I'm right handed and I prefer to cut counter clockwise. I feel awkward cutting the other way.

Sherri.
                  Sherri

Comment

"I can cut either way but find it more natural if I move the wood in a counterclockwise direction....HHHMMM...that means I'm cutting clockwise doesn't it!!?? LOL!!"
                    I'll bet that got everyone thinking about their answer! I turn the wood counter-clockwise and am right handed.
                    Pop
                    Delta 16" 40-530
                    Ryobi 16" VS

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember it was amateurs that built the ARK but Professionals that built the Titanic!"

Comment

Not so strange a question at all! I can go either way but tend to go counter clockwise and I'm right handed.
                      Last edited by ozarkhillbilly; 03-20-2007, 09:41 PM.
                      Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

OH MY GOSH, I guess I am the odd ball. for I cut clock wize. i am right handed. and i like to keep the burr into the wood. Marsha said she keeps the waist wood to her left. mm so do I . but I cut clock wize. I find the blade wanders more if i cut counter. but I do cut both ways. I depend on the burr to stay in the wood. like a stiring wheel on a car, when there is play. its just easyer to me to keep the burr cutting into the line, and the wandering is keept to a minamum. just my 2 cts worth. Evie

Comment

I use a spiral blade- Who knows which way I'm gonna go !!! lol Rain Man

Comment

Rain Man, HA HA, Me too????? everyway . your too funny. Evie

Comment

I'm umbidextrous meaning I can create kindling in either direction.
                              Mike

Craftsman 16" VS, Puros Indios and Sam Adams!
                              Scrollin' since Jun/2006

My Gallery

http://scrollcrafters.com (reciprocal links welcomed)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X