Need To Know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need To Know

Not that your mind can wander while cutting, but I have a nagging question.
    Do you prefer to cut clockwise or counter clockwise? And if you have a preference, are you right or left handed? I am right handed and I prefer to cut counter clockwise. If I am the only one who thinks about this please tell me know so I start on my memorial.

I can cut quite comfortably either way...am right handed.
    Check me out on the web:
    http://www.kerrysworld.com

Comment

I am ambidextrous but mostly use my right hand and i like to scroll clockwise.
      kevin/pitbull.

Comment

Right-handed, clockwise. Unless I have to go counterclockwise.
        Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

I tend to like to go counter-clock wise. I am right handed.
          Bill

I have an RBI Hawk 220-3 VS

Visit my Gallery
          and website www.billswoodntreasures.com

Comment

LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

I'm also right handed and almost always cut counter clockwise. I think it's probably due to compensating for the tendency of the blade to track to the right. I can cut either way but find it more natural if I move the wood in a counterclockwise direction....HHHMMM...that means I'm cutting clockwise doesn't it!!?? LOL!!
              If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

I'm right handed and I cut either way.

Bob
                Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

I'm right handed and I prefer to cut counter clockwise. I feel awkward cutting the other way.

Sherri.
                  Sherri

Comment

"I can cut either way but find it more natural if I move the wood in a counterclockwise direction....HHHMMM...that means I'm cutting clockwise doesn't it!!?? LOL!!"
                    I'll bet that got everyone thinking about their answer! I turn the wood counter-clockwise and am right handed.
                    Pop
                    Delta 16" 40-530
                    Ryobi 16" VS

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember it was amateurs that built the ARK but Professionals that built the Titanic!"

Comment

Not so strange a question at all! I can go either way but tend to go counter clockwise and I'm right handed.
                      Last edited by ozarkhillbilly; 03-20-2007, 08:41 PM.
                      Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

OH MY GOSH, I guess I am the odd ball. for I cut clock wize. i am right handed. and i like to keep the burr into the wood. Marsha said she keeps the waist wood to her left. mm so do I . but I cut clock wize. I find the blade wanders more if i cut counter. but I do cut both ways. I depend on the burr to stay in the wood. like a stiring wheel on a car, when there is play. its just easyer to me to keep the burr cutting into the line, and the wandering is keept to a minamum. just my 2 cts worth. Evie

Comment

I use a spiral blade- Who knows which way I'm gonna go !!! lol Rain Man

Comment

Rain Man, HA HA, Me too????? everyway . your too funny. Evie

Comment

I'm umbidextrous meaning I can create kindling in either direction.
                              Mike

Craftsman 16" VS, Puros Indios and Sam Adams!
                              Scrollin' since Jun/2006

My Gallery

http://scrollcrafters.com (reciprocal links welcomed)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• planeur
                                Reply to My covid angel
                                by planeur
                                Rolf when you say taper from right to left, do you mean thinner near the body and thicker at the end of cloud as on the wing ?
                                And on each cloud touching the body ?
                                I had already sand some part , will show show soon!

Thanks

Yesterday, 09:22 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Tough Decisions
                                by will8989
                                I did that with Creative Woodworks. But when Bruce's group had their monthly meetings and swaps, somehow or other the ones I didn't buy ended up here! I keep all my holiday ones separate. But I also look at other patterns and think how I can reuse it. But sometimes that is just too much for my brain...
                                Yesterday, 12:27 PM
                              • Don in Brooklin On
                                Reply to Tough Decisions
                                by Don in Brooklin On
                                Since I refuse to subscribe till they do something about the patterns in the pull out. They even made the DVD tough to print patterns.

What I do is look at the index of the book on scrollsawer.com and if see something I might want to cut I go to Walmart and check out the book. If I like...
                                Yesterday, 11:59 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Tough Decisions
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Absolutely everyone here has made valid points. That's part of what I've liked about this group.....different view points and different ideas. And we respect the diversity. You people rock!
                                Yesterday, 11:24 AM
                              • NC Scroller
                                Reply to Tough Decisions
                                by NC Scroller
                                I too miss Bob Duncan. I do not think anyone from FC has taken over that role at least on this forum. If they have I am not sure who. Like Betty, I owe a lot to FC and this forum. If it was not for them and this forum I would have probably turned my saw into a boat anchor years ago. Oh how I looked...
                                Yesterday, 11:22 AM
                              Working...
                              X