puzzle question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• puzzle question

I would like to try and make my own Christmas puzzles.
    What do you use to glue the picture onto the 1/4" birch plywood?
    Diane
    Dragon
    Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
    Owner of a Dewalt 788
    PuffityDragon on AFSP

Different people using different things, Diane. I use 3M super 77 spray and it works for me. Others on here - including Carter I think - use Aleene's tacky glue ..
    Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Thanks Ian. I will look and see what is available around here.
      Diane
      Dragon
      Owner of a Dewalt 788
      PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Diane, I used regular Elmer's Carpenters' Glue for many years before discovering the Aileen's Tacky glue mentioned above. Whatever you use, spread it on the wood in a thin, even coat with a paint scraper and then put the card down on the glued surface while slowly smoothing with your finger from one corner to the other.

Don't go away. Stay close for awhile and, every couple of minutes rub your finger along the edges to make them stay down. Also hold it at an angle to the light so you can see and smooth any bubbles that form.

When the glue is dry, cut the edges. Then spray it with a glossy spray for protection.

And then start cutting the pieces.

Here's a picture of our card from 03, one of my favorites. The assembled card is in the middle of the picture with all the pieces around it.

Have phun.....Carter

Comment

glue answer

i use Elmers spray glue for all paper to wood gluing works great heat gun takes off the paper when done cutting and paint thinner takes off teh glue left behind

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon
            Thanks Ian. I will look and see what is available around here.
            Diane

The 3M is available at Canadian Tire and Staples round here - think I've seen the Aileene's in Zeller's and/or Michael's.
            Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Thanks all for your answers. Ordered some puzzle blades from Mike on Monday and they should be here soon. Checking for the glue tomorrow on my way to the city.
              Diane
              Dragon
              Owner of a Dewalt 788
              PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

puzzle picture glue

Dragon,

I use a product called MOD PODGE. Available in AC Moore and Michael's craft stores here in NJ. The only drawback I have found is that being water based it can pick up the ink from a picture that you print out using an inkjet printer and give it a slightly fuzzy look. I use it both the adhere the picture to the wood (once it is dry it will not come off) and to coat the picture after it is adhered. This also seals the wood if any is still exposed and prevents the picture from wearing out. Again, the only drawback is that it may give the picture a slightly fuzzy look due to the brush strokes which I can't seem to get out.
                A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
                George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

When my father died my mother gave me a huge container of mod podge and I never knew for sure what to do with it. I will give it a try. Thanks
                  Diane
                  Dragon
                  Owner of a Dewalt 788
                  PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X