Portrait software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portrait software

Looking for a program to turn photos into patterns. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hi Pat,I'm using microsoft digital imagestarter addition 2006 it's got some really good filters that take the picture and turn it right into a pattern you have to work with it a little to get it right,But it's a great program.You can down load it for free from Microsoft online I can't remember the exact site though.hope it helps .

Jerry
    Don't worry be scrolling

Comment

Tons of options.

There is Coyote, which was designed specifically for wood workers, there is GIMP, Inkscape...which will trace your image with multiple scans., Photoshop, Corel.
      I use Serif PaintPlus, or PagePlus, There is also DrawPlus which will trace the image.

There is Graphic Workshop from Alchemy Mindworks.
      There is Professor Franklin.

The list is almost endless. Just remember that the software is only a tool and the real portrait is made my modifying the image after is is converted. Not every photo wll work and not every stencil makes a good pattern.
      CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
      "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
      Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

I would recommend picking up psp and getting kerry_nf tutorial. Andy has put together one also for Adobe photo shop. Not sure if you have any experience with these programs.

Jesse
        http://www.scrollsawwoodart.com

Comment

Andy's tutorial for Paint Shop Pro is very good and it's free

http://www.freewebtown.com/80ArtDesigns/page1.html

Gill
          There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
          (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Thanks all.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
              Reply to Tough Decisions
              by Rolf
              The never ending dilemma. I only get two magazines SSWWC and Wood carving Illustrated. Even if I don't make something in every issue there is usually something in each one that I have never tried and that will either challenge or inspire me. Yes I know that I do test cutting for them and they have occasionally...
              Today, 08:49 AM
            • NC Scroller
              Reply to My covid angel
              by NC Scroller
              I would start by tracing your piece on a piece of 1/8" (3mm) material and then cut the back our such that it is a fraction smaller that your project. Then I would cut your piece into two pieces. I mean cut the angel from the cloud. I would then put the cloud on the 1.8" backer and then with...
              Today, 07:27 AM
            • Quartz43
              Reply to Tough Decisions
              by Quartz43
              I understand supporting the magazine and agree. I just do not find many projects that fit my desires.

I would like to see them do a poll with subscribers to find out what type projects people want to see....
              Today, 05:42 AM
            • GladeFade
              Reply to My covid angel
              by GladeFade
              First off how thick is the board you cut?
              When I want something to stand out I use backer-boards 1/8 thick to get the depth.
              that means you would have to cut the big cutting into pieces to put the spacer behind.
              for instance the cloud bottom right which his hand is on I would put maybe...
              Yesterday, 11:05 PM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              Reply to Wooden Headstone
              by Linda In Phoenix
              I am stunned at the fact it wasn't rotted or termite destroyed. That must've been one blessed lady. Thank you for what you all are doing!
              Yesterday, 10:43 PM
            Working...
            X