Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woodwilldo
    replied
    Thanks all, I was just thinking it would be nice to see some grain on the pattern prior to cutting.

Jesse

Leave a comment:

• kerry_nf
    replied
    Hey Jesse, feel free to use the one I use which is here http://www.kerrysworld.com/images/birch.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Or ... find a pic of your favorite piece of wood then select and paste your pattern over the image. If you then delete all the white in your pattern it's a simulated cutting because the black will remain. I hope that makes sense. LOL

Andy

Leave a comment:

• PuzzledMoose
    replied
    If you are using Photoshop you can generate patterns to use as a fill with the paintbucket (or any tool) by using Filter>PatternMaker.

This is on Photoshop CS - I'm guessing other versions will be similar.

One easy source of wood backgrounds is just to google for wood + background and you'll find quite a lot of pages with free background tiles for webpages. This is just one example http://www.allfreebackgrounds.com/ba...oods.htm~tiles

Just save the tile, load it into photoshop, generate the pattern, save it and you have a "wood fill".

Hope this makes sense...

Leave a comment:

• woodwilldo
    started a topic Question about image background?

Question about image background?

I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to make a filler for paintshop, coreldraw, or adobe photoshop that looks like wood. I know there is going to be a difference when you cut it out of wood but just so you get the idea of what a portrait would look like when it is on baltic birch. I was also wondering about doing this for intarsia so you could see what grain direction looks the best. I know I have a few people that would like to see what it would look like before it is cut out of wood. I would rather do this before I cut a special portrait out for someone and then they don't like it, then I have a portrait of someone I don't even know hanging on my wall. I guess i could just tell everyone when they come over that it is our long lost uncle ted.

Jesse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
    Reply to Farmers market
    by will8989
    I just used different wood scraps I had to make the kayaks. I still do t see anymore in my future.
    Today, 01:09 AM
  • Jim McDonald
    Reply to Delta Q3 fuse question
    by Jim McDonald
    Twenty years in electronics retail and here is a quick dirty way to tell the difference:
    a fast blow will only have the wire element. Slow blow almost always has some extra structure that will be left behind after the fuse blows.
    Secondly, there is a series of three letter engraved on one...
    Yesterday, 08:54 PM
  • Ennobee
    Reply to Looking For Mom and Baby Animal Pattern
    by Ennobee
    They look like David Spielmann's Designs to me. I will check my library this evening, but I bet you already that they are from one of his pattern books.
    Yesterday, 01:55 PM
  • jim_mex
    Reply to My first decent furniture project - Welding and woodwork combined
    by jim_mex
    Thanks all - you folks do wonders for my ego with your comments and importantly fire me up to keep trying new things

Scott - once this Covid situation has passed I'll definitely be heading up to NC. I'm tentatively thinking late spring/early summer next year. I am not sure just what pointers...
    Yesterday, 01:35 PM
  • JustLarry
    Reply to Delta Q3 fuse question
    by JustLarry
    I found this information on fuses in general.

Blowing type. Fast-blow fuses will blow as soon as the current reaches the fuse's amperage rating, while slow-blow fuses are designed to tolerate a large number of startup surges and modest short-term overloads without blowing.
    Fast-blow...
    Yesterday, 12:56 PM
Working...
X