No announcement yet.

Printer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Gill. I thought I put it under the pattern portion but between fat mouse and spiked tea I guess I missed slightly. LOL

Comment

No probs, Steve. It did relate to pattern production but, as Todd pointed out, it wasn't really about patterns as such. This thread will be happier in a new home amongst its own kind and perhaps it might meet a loving partner and we'll have a nice wedding which will, in time, spawn lots of other little questions about printing.

Silly Gill
      There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
      (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Originally posted by kyscroller
        I would try that troy since it is cheap to get enlarged, but I have to drive about 45 - 60 minutes for that kind of service. .15 for copy plus 5-6 gallons of gas gets expensive when I get an urge. Thanks anyhow
        Now I understand why you are trying to DIY. I'm only about 4mi to three places that I can use. Steve's recomendation is a good one. Hope you get it figured out.
        Troy

Scrollin' with DeWalt DW788

Comment

I only have a printer that will run 8 1/2 paper but i can run longer lengths. I use whatever program to make my patterns then i will import it into coreldraw. once in coreldraw i will change my paper size to what ever size i actually want my pattern say 15 x 20 that would be my wood size. Then I resize my pattern to fit that page. we know it won't fit on paper so i had in some dashed lines to seperate some areas i know i will beable to fit onto a page. resize you paper to 8 1/2 and add some guide lines. I use the snap to option because it allows the pattern to stay straight when i print it. slide the pattern around until you have it all printed, steal your wifes scrapbooking slide cutter for straight lines cut tape and you have a very nice large pattern.

Jesse
          http://www.scrollsawwoodart.com

Comment

Steve I use Rapid Resizer to print the patterns over mulitple pages that are larger than the sheet of paper.

You can view some info on that here.
            Check me out on the web:
            http://www.kerrysworld.com

Comment

Originally posted by kyscroller
              I have been cutting 8" x 10" boards but got the urge to print something in a larger scale. My printer only prints 8 1/2 x 11. I can go to the library and enlarge them but that goes to 11 x 14. Any suggestions on how to print bigger patterns other than buying a new printer, plotter or going to a business to have it enlarged?
              Rapid resizer is my favorite for doing this though you do have to convert the pattern to a .jpg first. Microsoft publisher can also tile across multiple pages in any size you like by using the poster option. I believe Adobe offers a free print-me thing as well for doing this with .pdf files though I haven't played with it yet.
              Kevin
              Scrollsaw Patterns Online
              Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

If you have Print Shop or a program like that you can print out virtually any size on multilple sheets of paper and glue/tape them together. Click print, output size, and enter the size you want. The down side of this is that it enlarges everything including the line size.

Earl

Comment

Rapid Resizer gets my vote too. It's got a free trial period so you can't go wrong. It'll get you over this hurdle anyway, you can play with it if you'd like and the registration is more than reasonable dollar wise.

Andy
                  Shoot for the moon. If you miss you'll be headed for a star! www.80artdesigns.com

Comment

I've been thinking about Rapi-Resizer. Is it worth the price...what is the price for a fully functional version?
                    Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
                    No task is too tedious for Art.
                    Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
                    Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Originally posted by JimSawyer
                      I've been thinking about Rapi-Resizer. Is it worth the price...what is the price for a fully functional version?
                      In my opinion, it was the best $29.95 I ever spent. If you do a lot of larger patterns (which I do) it's invaluable.

Hey Andy....didja get my e-mail?
                      Kevin
                      Scrollsaw Patterns Online
                      Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Serif anyone. OK I know I am the only one who uses it but the PagePlusSE is free and you can upgrade for 10 bucks, not much out ther that will do that.
                        Print to any size paper, remap over multiple sheets.
                        cool program cheap price.
                        CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                        "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                        Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• keystonecop
                          Reply to Work in Progress. What is with FOX publishing?
                          by keystonecop
                          The original pattern was 7 1/2 x 13 1/4.. The book has no mention of resizing on all but one page. My guess the magazine and the book side of fox has no one who scrolls.. the last books have shown that. enlarged I had to use a #1 blade for many cuts. If I had just copied the pattern in its silver...
                          Today, 12:09 PM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Work in Progress. What is with FOX publishing?
                          by will8989
                          I think he is talking about the size of the patterns lately and extra steps needed to copy and resize them. It took me an hour to copy the fish from the latest issue with all the folding, cutting to match, tape, repeat. If it had been letter or legal size, I could have copied and resize with less hassle....
                          Today, 11:55 AM
                        • millwab
                          Reply to Peanuts #1
                          by millwab
                          IDK? I remember that Ben sold Pegas blades, but the label on this package just says "Ben's Blades, Ultra Thin Puzzle Blade". When Denny started selling Pegas blades I asked him and he told me Pegas doesn't sell a specific "puzzle" blade. The 2/0 might be their answer....
                          Today, 11:29 AM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to What is it?
                          by will8989
                          No, but I like that guess. It’s very useful and my niece wants one.
                          Today, 09:52 AM
                        • Rolf
                          Reply to YoraHome Laser w/CNC Engraver/Router
                          by Rolf
                          Tim, do you have a picture?
                          Today, 09:30 AM
                        Working...
                        X