Fish out of Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish out of Water

Just finished fish, not sure how I want to finish it or how to display it. Cut it out of a piece of Maple planed down to 1/4".
    Troy

Scrollin' with DeWalt DW788

He is very nice. Fine cutting
    Diane
    Dragon
    Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
    Owner of a Dewalt 788
    PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Nice cutting, Troy. Does it have a backer board on it, or is the black just the background you took the picture against?
      Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Looks good Troy. Sure makes me anxious for summer. BTW, what was it like cutting thru the knot? Without realizing it initially, I cut into a knot on my cedar Gone Fishin' plaque. I remember thinking that the blade sure got dull fast. I then turned the wood over and realized why it was such slow going all of a sudden.
        Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
        www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Great work

Bob
          Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

That looks really good great job
            Don't worry be scrolling

Comment

Originally posted by PuzzledMoose
              Nice cutting, Troy. Does it have a backer board on it, or is the black just the background you took the picture against?
              Took picture with it laying down on a game table. I do prefer mounting with black background with cutting raised off with about 3/4" spacer, just gives it a better look. Haven't finished it yet either, not sure just how I want to do it. Maybe stain it with stump a little darker. Don't know yet.
              Troy

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesota scroller
                Looks good Troy. Sure makes me anxious for summer. BTW, what was it like cutting thru the knot? Without realizing it initially, I cut into a knot on my cedar Gone Fishin' plaque. I remember thinking that the blade sure got dull fast. I then turned the wood over and realized why it was such slow going all of a sudden.
                Hey Mike, cutting through the knot wasn't bad but you do have to slow down. Didn't notice it dulling blade though, used one blade to cut whole piece.
                Troy

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words. I'll post a photo of it when I get it finished.
                  Troy

Comment

great work!

where did you find the pattern...I am interested in purchasing that pattern....thanks

Comment

That is a supper cutting. Love to see it finished and mounted.
                      AKA Paul from Washington State

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
                        Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                        by NC Scroller
                        I have made a number of those Harvey puzzles. They are a lot of fun. You really need to be patient and let the blade cut. Even the slightest pressure can ruin your puzzle piece fit. My go to is a Pegas #3 MGT....
                        Today, 11:24 AM
                      • NC Scroller
                        Reply to Big week here
                        by NC Scroller
                        Congrats on your pending retirement and gaining a new daughter. I have been retired close to 6 years now and I have no idea where the time went. Yes retirement will mean some adjustment but I can tell you it is the best job I have ever had. By the way. If you think retirement means unlimited shop...
                        Today, 11:18 AM
                      • jim_mex
                        Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                        by jim_mex
                        Thanks to all for the kind comments.

Norma and I are still growing into our 'new' home but are really happy that we got this work done and everyone who has seen the transformation have been wowed.

From my side I'm really pleased with how my kitchen extension idea worked out....
                        Today, 09:17 AM
                      • jim_mex
                        Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                        by jim_mex
                        Hi guys - it seems like I am back in business. The offending 'F' key seemed to lack sufficient travel to push down on the main board so I stuck a thin sliver of plastic under it with super glue and that seems to have solved the problem.

The only downside is I now have no excuses for my...
                        Today, 08:42 AM
                      • Rolf
                        Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                        by Rolf
                        WOW! I really like your taste in doors etc. I have have always leaned towards contemporary / modern. But our house is a small cape and that style would not suit it. Since we are both Geminis we have 4 people and our house is very eclectic. Each room has a bit of different style.
                        Today, 08:20 AM
                      Working...
                      X