X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandaid
    replied
    Re: Help with blades

You might try cutting grooves (roughing up) the ends of the blade with a three cornered file. Another way is to put a slight twist, using pliers, on the tips of the blade. Hope this helps, good luck!

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Help with blades

Help with blades

I am new to scroll sawing and have been doing it for a couple of months now. I have a Delta 16 inch variable speed. I only use wood that is no more than 1/4 inch thick. I have made shelves and fancy boxes etc., but I am having a problem with the blades staying in. I use normally size 2 or 3 for the detailed fret work, but a lot of the time I cannot get the blade to stay in when I push the lever back to tighten the tension. The top blade slips out sometimes and I have to stop to put it back in. I have turned the little knob that adjusts for the small blades according to the manual, but this doesn't always help. I have tried moving the blade higher in the clamp, but sometimes then when I start it comes out of the bottom clamp. This can be quite frustrating when I have a lot of detailed things to do where I go into a new hole quite often and then the blade slips out. But it doesn't happen every time, but often enough to be frustrating. I don't want to have to use a larger blade because then I can't manouver as well around the curves and small pieces. Any advice would be appreciated. Other than that, the saw works great.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Misouri Wayne
    Reply to Spiral Blades - Tips & Tricks?
    by Misouri Wayne
    Thanks for the post. I have tried spirals in the past and had lots of issues. I need to set down one day and keep cutting with them until I get the hang of it. Part of my problem may have been covered by your number 7. Tried pine thinking it would be easy to cut but now realize the grain may have...
    Today, 07:05 PM
  • Sandy Oaks
    Reply to Eagle
    by Sandy Oaks
    I agree, a beautiful piece and wonderful cutting. Years ago, my father had Alzheimer. The last six months we had him in the VA center in St. Cloud MN. His wood work shop is still in MN. I could not take it down to TN....
    Today, 12:00 PM
  • Rolf
    by Rolf
    I have been using spiral a lot more lately Thanks to Charles Hand stunning designs. I have used them of and on since I started scrolling.
    They were a real challenge on my Old Delta SS350. cutting straight in and out was easy, trying to cut details going sideways was the problem because of the...
    Today, 09:16 AM
  • Jimern
    by Jimern
    The best tip I have with spirals is to cut straight lines backwards. instead of pushing the work piece into the blade, pull it toward you. Seems to allow for better control on straight lines (most other lines too)
    Today, 05:27 AM
  • Linda In Phoenix
    Reply to Mexican Covid19 Vaccination logo - my version :)
    by Linda In Phoenix
    Go Wylie Coyote!!!
    Yesterday, 09:19 PM
Working...
X