Help with blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with blades

I am new to scroll sawing and have been doing it for a couple of months now. I have a Delta 16 inch variable speed. I only use wood that is no more than 1/4 inch thick. I have made shelves and fancy boxes etc., but I am having a problem with the blades staying in. I use normally size 2 or 3 for the detailed fret work, but a lot of the time I cannot get the blade to stay in when I push the lever back to tighten the tension. The top blade slips out sometimes and I have to stop to put it back in. I have turned the little knob that adjusts for the small blades according to the manual, but this doesn't always help. I have tried moving the blade higher in the clamp, but sometimes then when I start it comes out of the bottom clamp. This can be quite frustrating when I have a lot of detailed things to do where I go into a new hole quite often and then the blade slips out. But it doesn't happen every time, but often enough to be frustrating. I don't want to have to use a larger blade because then I can't manouver as well around the curves and small pieces. Any advice would be appreciated. Other than that, the saw works great.

Re: Help with blades

You might try cutting grooves (roughing up) the ends of the blade with a three cornered file. Another way is to put a slight twist, using pliers, on the tips of the blade. Hope this helps, good luck!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
      Reply to Communion cross
      by cwmagee
      That is beautiful.

I am chaffing at the bit to get back to the scroll saw, Unfortunately the urban renewal project "Redoing the deck" has taken over all of my time.
      Yesterday, 09:25 PM
    • daveswoodworking
      Comment on 2020 Ornament Exchange
      by daveswoodworking
      Yes I’ll send you the list of names and address to sent to after after the dead line
      Thank you for join the exchange
      Yesterday, 09:24 PM
    • Linda In Phoenix
      Reply to Communion cross
      by Linda In Phoenix
      Excellent contrast not only in wood choices (LOVE the bocote), but also 90 degree corners on the bocote and radius corners on the maple. Very nice!
      Yesterday, 08:46 PM
    • vgraf
      Reply to 2020 Ornament Exchange
      by vgraf
      I signed up four four, Will you be sending the list of where to send my ornaments?
      Yesterday, 08:19 PM
    • Trackman
      Reply to Winter issue
      by Trackman
      Got mine in East Central Indiana. Carole has a nice bowl idea an couple of tool reviews
      Yesterday, 07:44 PM
    Working...
    X