Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• squaring table and blade, and some more

Hi from Debbie in Texas,

Have looked on here to see where can find info on squaring table, the best way to do that. I have read of many ways, could someone tell me what they do and the best way? I get a larger hole at the bottom of a stack of wood than I get on the top. Is this a squaring problem. On small cutout areas, very bad on the lowest piece, and almost have to throw this one away.
    I appreciate any help on this matter.
    I have been scrolling 5 years, and just love ornament patterns. If anyone has a Texas bluebonnet pattern or where to locate, please let me know, as that time of year in central Texas is almost here (April)

Debbie

Debbie - I can't say that this is the best way but I go to an extreme in leveling the table. I use a small level on the table, and a square against the blade to check for level. Once set I will double check by scrolling a small square out of a piece of scrap using a narrow blade. If the cut piece can be inserted and removed from either side easily then I am confident the table is level. Learned this from Rick H. site. I also have angle gauges but am not real confident in them due to their plastic construction.

Paul S.

Comment

Will try your method, Paul!!

Thank you Paul. Will try the method you suggest where you cut out a small square.
      Is this why there is a larger hole on the bottom than the top on stack cutting? I was just amazed this was being done.
      I'm off to go try your method now. Thanks soooo much, Debbie

Comment

Hi Debbie,
        Click on this link http://www.mikesworkshop.com/Q&A-FP.htm and find the article about squaring the table. Paul is right about the square and like he said, use a very small blade. However if you push a little too hard into the blade, the blade will start cutting with a bevel. I like to cut a little into the wood and see if it fits in the back. and find the article about squaring the table. Paul is right about the square and like he said, use a very small blade. However if you push a little too hard into the blade, the blade will start cutting with a bevel. I like to cut a little into the wood and see if it fits in the back.
        You might also find some on this site: http://www.saw-online.com/ and check Rick's site at: http://www.scrollsaws.com/
        Mike
        SD Mike

Comment

Will go to these sites you suggest, Mike!

Hi Mike,

Will go to these sites and read about the articles there on blade alignment and table. Have been getting such a bigger cut on the bottom layer of a stack and never realized it until I cut more than 2.

Thank you so much,

Debbie

Comment

yea, most likely not enough tension, too small a blade for the stack, or driving too fast for the blade to keep up.
            otherwise take a 3/4 board, cut in 1/4 deep. flip board over and cut in again about 1/8" beside the first cut. now measure between the tops and then bottoms of those two cuts. The distance should be the same. If it looks like a triangle, it is not square.
            Jeff Powell

Comment

Thank you so much Jeff, will go check out this also. Here I gooo.......... Debbie

Comment

Another source of problem would be the bottom blade holder allowing the blade to move left to right as the blade moves up and down. Try running the saw without cutting and watch the blade, does it run true or wiggle side to side? If it wiggles, check your manual for adjustments to eliminate this.

Cheers,
                Draken

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X