Intarsia on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intarsia on the road

I am just getting started and I have a problem. We are going to be living and travelling in an RV in the near future and would like to do Intarsia while travelling. Weight and size is a factor for any equipment I will take. Other than a scroll saw, if you were travelling, what other portable equipment would you take? Are there multipurpose tools that can be made or purchased?

Re: Intarsia on the road

I made a sander with a flexdrum on it to sand walking sticks...would think it would be nice to have to sand the edges of your intarsia....used a evap. cooler motor, used the two speed (slow speed is best most times) and bought the flexdrum set for 35.00. I believe there is a picture of it on my picturetrail site.

Comment

Dave,

Going to be heading out your direction about Jan 3rd or so, depending on snowstorms. Show me your sander when I get there.

Gene

Comment

Will do Gene!

Comment

Originally posted by RVGeorge
          I am just getting started and I have a problem. We are going to be living and travelling in an RV in the near future and would like to do Intarsia while travelling. Weight and size is a factor for any equipment I will take. Other than a scroll saw, if you were travelling, what other portable equipment would you take? Are there multipurpose tools that can be made or purchased?

One of the most versitile tools around is the rotary tool. It is light, easy to store and can be used for a multiple of purposes. With the proper attachements, you have a sander,router,drill press, carving tool .... and probably some I forgot.

In your case RVGeorge, I would think investing in a Dremel rotary tool would be a good choice of portable equipment.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X