Hawk 220VS is mine:D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk 220VS is mine:D

As I previously mentioned I was scroll saw less. Well now I am happy to say that that isn't true anymore. I had made a final offer on a Hawk 220VS which the owner was pondering on. Finally today I received word he had accepted. So I pick up Thursday. The saw appears to look like new. I called Bushton with the serial number and they told me it was built in 2002.

It comes with numerous back issues of you know what as well as scroll saw blades. A nice feature for me is that it is mounted on a platform with wheels. Nice for me as I have to wheel it out of a store room, (I live in a condo), onto my patio so I will be doing my scolling outdoors. So rather than sucking up dust with a vacuum I plan on blowing it away. (I live on a fourth floor). It has been a long three years since I have scrolled anything so I am looking forward to sawing some wood.
    Mike C.

Congratulations!!!

Outdoor scrolling - what a plan!

I'd laugh like you know what if the EPA had a particulate ambient air quality monitor nearby.

The State of Florida would soon be non compliant with particulate standards.
    Regards,
    Brian

visit us at Pickens Puzzles: www.pickenspuzzles.com

Comment

Yea, my wife is giving me some flack on doing that. Says the patio will be full of saw dust. If true will have to get a small vacuum.
      Mike C.

Comment

Or a leaf blower - lol.
        Regards,
        Brian

visit us at Pickens Puzzles: www.pickenspuzzles.com

Comment

Have a heart and make sure floors 1-3 aren't BBQing while you are sawing! LOL
          Walter
          Pinelog Creek, FL
          DW788 Owner since 2013

"Like a wind crying endlessly through the universe, time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike.
          And all that we were, all that remains is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment."

Comment

Now where are you going to put the lathe and table saw?
            Rolf
            RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

just one question , will the patio doors be open or close and which direction will the prevailing wind coming from ? will a screen door stop fine sawdust ?

Comment

Congrats on the new purchase. Now lets see some finished projects.
                Denny
                ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Brian, if the leaf blower weren't so noisy I would consider it.
                  No BBQ allowed and besides I plan on doing it during the day.
                  Rolf when I moved back to Miami I had to get rid of the lathe and table saw. :-(
                  Ray the patio doors will be closed. To hot to leave them open. The prevailing wind (my fan) will be pushing the air off of the patio. I doubt a screen door would stop the saw dust.
                  Denny, will be reviewing the magazines for ideas. I hope there are some Tony Burghout plans in there. I always enjoyed cutting their plans. One of the things I am sorry I got rid of when I moved.
                  Mike C.

Comment

Picked up the saw today and it is sitting in my storage room. Can't wait to start using it. Have to figure out a way to get it out and in easily. There is a step up into the storage room and I want to build a mini ramp or something that I can just roll it into the room. I did a quick review of the magazines they are all Scroll Saw Woodworking and Crafts. :-) I was also hoping for some of the other magazine as I know Tony had patterns in there. I wonder if anyone knows of an index to the Creative woodworking magazines so I could try to find some of the magazines on E-Bay that had her patterns?
                    Mike C.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X