WoodTrax Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WoodTrax Software

Has any one tried Woodtrax software by globalsoftcorp?

It looks like it would make it easier to do thing like name plaques but
    before I spend $70 to buy it I wanted to see if anyone here had tried it.

If you have not used this software but have used another to do the same thing let me know about it.

I like to make phrase plaques and name plates for friends and family.

I currently use Rapid Resizer and me on a pumpkin.

Thanks

Dan
    Last edited by Dchatley; 02-06-2007, 08:11 AM.

I have not used woodtrax. I do use Serif Page Plus and it works quite well for me. I have also combined clip art to create words art plaques.

You can get a free copy from http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/
    I have upgraded from the free version. You can upgrade to Version 9 for only $10.

I use it for text and to trace over other graphic files.
    It is one of the easiest programs I have used and the service levels of the company are good.
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Dan,

I have the Woodtrax program and though I haven't used it a lot it seems to do what I thought it would do. It has different font choices and sizes and you can space the letters to your liking to insure sufficient connectivity once the name, or word, is sawn. You can create arched words and other types of shapes. I can't say how it compares to the Serif program that Carl mentions but it is for sure more expensive than the Serif.

Don

Eclipse Saw

Comment

Im new to the saw world and you guys will probably laugh but in the past i liked to make cards, envelops etc. I used the print artist program from this. It will let you import any graphic you want and has a good library if you get 4.0 version. Then you can start with a blank sign and put text (different fonts and different styles) then graphics and then make them black and white and print it for instant pattern

Comment

Woodtrax Software

Dan,

I do alot o f names for family and friends. I use word art on Microsoft Word and headliners in Printmaster program. There are some nice clip arts to use in both programs. Microsoft also offers clip art on the internet that can be down loaded into your clip art collection.

JTM
          To the world you may be one person,
          but to one person you may be the world.

Comment

For me, I use Microsoft PowerPoint. Able to manipulate text with any font, size, and orientation. Also uses same clip art as JTM refers to.

Canadian - I checked out the link and didn't see "Serif Page Plus". Others look interesting, though.
            Last edited by popsshop; 02-10-2007, 08:35 AM.
            Fred
            aka Pop's Shop
            Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!.

Comment

Originally posted by popsshop
              For me, I use Microsoft PowerPoint. Able to manipulate text with any font, size, and orientation. Also uses same clip art as JTM refers to.

Canadian - I checked out the link and didn't see "Serif Page Plus". Others look interesting, though.
              It's the second item down on the link Carl posted - where it says PagePlus SE - Desktop publishing.
              Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Originally posted by popsshop
                Halfway down the page, PagePlus SE
                CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Woodtrax Software

Dear Don,
                  It appears Globalsoft has gone out of business and the Woodtrax Software is no longer available. I have a copy on my old laptop and use to have it on CD's but my kids have misplaced the CD's and I want to put it on my new desktop. Is there any chance you can burn me a copy?

Comment

Hey guys,

New to the group and what got me started was trying to find out more about "Woodtrax Software". Since it appears that Globalsoft had gone out of business and we can no longer purchase the software, would my best bet be to get the "Powepoint" software?

cherokeenan

Comment

I use Inkscape. You can do alot with it and it's FREE! Don
                      Don

Comment

You are aware this thread is about 4 years old....right?
                        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I bought woodtrax when it first came out. It works ok for what it was, but I have not used it for quite a few years now. Steve Good has a program that works pretty good for lettering. I tried to get the update for woodtrax before they went out but I never got it. It's a decent program but i'm not sure I would pay 70.00. Just my opinion.

Comment

I agree with the Inkscape suggestion. Download it for free then watch Jim Mex's turtorials on this forum. It's great for any kind of names or word art. I use it with a multitude of fonts that are also free downloads.
                            Welcome to Terry's Scroll Shoppe

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X