3D Patterns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D Patterns

I just completed my first 3D creature. It's kind of a Dr. Suess looking deer. The pattern is placed on two sides of a three quarter by one and a half by five inch piece of pine. You have to cut the three quarter inch side first which makes the piece go through the saw on it's side. It took what seemed like forever to get through this part of the project. I have a 16' Mikota scroll saw and I used Oleson crown tooth blades, #5. Phew! The results is a freestanding little deer . It looks like it's been carved. I'm new to scroll sawing and would like to know if the 'slowness' of this is normal or if I'm using the wrong blade. You can find these patterns on line at Uncle John's General Store, they really are amazing. If anyone has any tips on these tpe of projects I would love to hear from you. Thanks!! :

Re: 3D Patterns

Hi Kathy,

Sorry that I didn't find this post earlier. Diana Thompson makes a lot of compound patterns and she likes to use a blades with straight teeth. Like the FD-Polar # 5 or 7. Yes, it goes slow but very rewarding.
    I don't know how to put a pictuer on this board, so I could show you some of my 3-D or compound cuttings.

Mike

Comment

go to http://www.picturetrail.com/carvers-r-us and when you get in to the picture albums, click on the picturetrail logo, then click on members login and then in the upper left you will see about downloading pictures.....hope that helps

Comment

With the help of Hi-HO and Bill Y, I was able to post a picture of some compound people.

Mike M

Comment

This one is made from Oak. Β The pattern is from Diana Thompson and it was published in SSW.

Mike M

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X