X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butterflies-A Schwibbogen by Chase

Hi Scrollers.

Butterflies

As most of you know I design schwibbogens from patterns of other scrollers. I try to give credit to those pattern makers. However in the cutting of this schwibbogen I had a hard drive crash and the info was lost. I've tried to do the best I can to give credit. The large butterfly is from Chrestensen-Burghout designs; thanks Toni and Sue. The side butterflies I'm not sure. They came from a magazine or pattern vault, but which one? The bottom and center butterfly pattern is by Diana Thompson and purchased from Scroller. The pasties around the arch were given to me by a scroller from one of the forums, The Cafe I think.

This may not be the most difficult schwibbogen I have ever cut, but it is in the top three. The design was fun and challenging too.

As you can see, there are two lighted versions. The customer wanted colored lights and I'm here to please. They don't show up all that well in the picture. However, traditionalist that I am, I prefer the clear light version.

Whadayathnk?

Comments welcome.

Chase

Butterfly 1.jpg

Butterfly 2.jpg

Butterfly 3.jpg
    Chase---Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult.

Visit my album @ http://home.comcast.net/~chasesmeeks...-by-Chase.html and click on the album link.

That turned out very nice. I'm sure the customer will be pleased.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Chase, very nicely done, I like it a lot and I'm sure your customer will like it as well.
      Beautiful craftsmanship.

Mike

Comment

I am thinking I really like it!!
        Rolf
        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Chase, I'm with the rest of them, that sure came out nice. I'm with you in liking the white lights the best.

I really like your designs and your cutting on these, they are something I remember from my grandmother's house when I was a kid. If my list of things to make/cut/build/fix ever gets small enough, I'm going to have to cut one or more.

Tom
          Hawk G4
          http://www.scrollsawer.com/gallery/s...00/ppuser/4243

Comment

My that is very nice. I agree with the clear lights.
            Denny
            ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Beautiful work. Great combo of patterns.

Comment

Chase
                That is really nice. You do a terrific job with those schwibbogens
                Bill

DEWALT 788 and Hegner 18vs..... AND STILL CUTTIN IT UP!!!!

Member of Scrollsaw Association of the World

Comment

I'm the odd one out...I love the colored lights. Makes it really unique. But all of the choices are winners and I would love any of them! I thought I knew it all (LOL) but was not familiar with Schwibbogen. I'll have to investigate that.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X