X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dewalt 788

What is the difference between type1 and type2 dewalt 788. Thanks
    http://picasaweb.google.com/saltydogwoodworks.buie

Type 1 is the older version, I was led to believe it was produced in the USA, Type 2 I believe is produced in China.
    cwmagee
    aka Fibber
    Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

The type I was made in Canada. Production was moved to Taiwan about 12 to 15 years ago and tagged the type II.
      Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

It is more then location. The quality of the components declined when the moved over to Taiwan. They improved after a bit, still not great, but then they moved to mainland China and quality went donw again.
        Scott
        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

All the above not withstanding, I have had a Type II for three years with absolutely no problems.
          Steve in Richmond, VA with a DW-788

Comment

Unfortunitly ,all saws have their biggest shortcoming that is ( the nut in front of
            the blade ) even the best quality saw can not over come IT! Over the years I have been forced to recognize most of my saw problems (had operator assistance ,JMHO)
            "Home Of The Dust Free Scroll Saw"
            Remember (IT is WHAT it IS)( Unless YOU change IT!)

Comment

I have a new 788.....Good quality, and works very well. I am a Dewalt fan. All my power tools are yellow.
              FWIW
              STEVE

Comment

I bought the 788 October last year. A week ago it started acting funny. The wood (blade) started shaking, like the blade had a lot of front/back movement. Then 3 days ago it started sounding like something was getting kicked around inside. I took it apart and everything looks good. Bearings look good, no needle bearings laying anywhere nothing. I can't figure what's going on. Last Saturday I bought a Delta 40-694 off Amazon. Maybe I can get the 788 in the shop.
                Don

Comment

Insist on a item's fixed list and parts replaced returned !
                  "Home Of The Dust Free Scroll Saw"
                  Remember (IT is WHAT it IS)( Unless YOU change IT!)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                    Reply to Phone call from son.
                    by will8989
                    Talked to him yesterday after he was coherent. Very fortunately, it was dc current. He said ac current and would have ended differently. And it wasn’t a house. It was a converter box in a marina located on a deck cut into a 20’ high steep bank. They had to climb a ladder to get to it. And they were...
                    Yesterday, 10:53 PM
                  • garryatpa
                    Reply to A Bear In The Woods
                    by garryatpa
                    Wow!!!! That is beautiful. Super job of sawing. If I worked it out correctly it took you less than a minute for each opening especially when I look at the amount of time it would take to saw the outline of the bear. Garry
                    Yesterday, 10:43 PM
                  • meflick
                    Reply to Phone call from son.
                    by meflick
                    Glad to hear your son is fine Betty but what a scary thing.
                    Yesterday, 01:10 PM
                  • meflick
                    Reply to Hello from Central Florida
                    by meflick
                    Welcome to the forum from another Tennessean....
                    Yesterday, 01:04 PM
                  • John Smith
                    Reply to Hello from Central Florida
                    by John Smith
                    Thanks guys, I have a lot of HDU left over from my sign business in various thicknesses.
                    HDU doesn't "fuse" or repair itself under heat or friction. Only acrylics and some PVC materials do that. Depending on what part of the world you are in, you would have to google HDU Distributors...
                    Yesterday, 10:01 AM
                  Working...
                  X