I am a nobody and no body is perfect...........therefore I am perfect

Re: Email Notification Of Posts

Hey William,

Did it work?

Tuck

Comment

It doesn't work for me! :'(
      I sign in, it says 'welcome Gudrun', then I go to the message I want to monitor for replies and it says 'Welcome guest' and won't let me request notification of replies.
      So, what am I doing wrong?

Comment

lower your security, go in to carving world and log in, then go back and raise your security again...use to have to do that all the time, don't have to now!

Comment

Well, I've tried to get into my profile, it won't let me. I've registered with slightly different name and password. It greets me, but when I try to go to any other page or access my profile, it returns to calling me 'guest' and won't let me.
          Guess I'll give up.

Comment

did you lower your security settings first?

Comment

Hi Silver Sliver....
              Okay, it won't let me post anymore now, using my name, so I'm trying to post under another name, but this is 'gudrun'
              Anyway, no, I haven't tried lowering my security settings since it wouldn't let me into my profile. However, since then I've been thinking (rare occurrence with me ) that you probably meant the IE security setting. I shall try and figure that out and do it. Thanks for your suggestions.

Comment

'gsch', I don't think that is Silver Sliver anyway it does not matter. I had to go with a new email address and password to get in again. That was the second time.
                This was and still is a big problem with this site.
                Hope Rob can do some about it: [email protected]
                Mike M

Comment

This is getting to be like a a guessing game. You don't know whose message you will be reading until you open it.
                  I did e-mail Rob. Let's hope he can do something to fix this board.
                  Gudrun

Comment

yep I second that I found it on the newsagents shelf here in oz (issue 2) and subscribed ...hasnt felt like a mistake ever
                    Pete
                    I am a nobody and no body is perfect...........therefore I am perfect

Comment

Yes, Bill, I agree with you totally. Scroll Saw Workshop is a wonderful magazine. I already have a subscription for the next 3 years. And if it would get an interface on this forum like a certain other one we know, I'm sure it could explode its forum membership and very much increase its magazine subscribers also.
                      Rob answered my e-mail and asked for some details about my log in name etc. Hopefully he will get things going for me.
                      Still, it would be good if they got a different software!

Gudrun

Comment

Test By Administrator!!!!

Comment

Okay, I've been in contact with Rob who has been trying very hard to correct the problem I'm having staying logged-on. He says that he went through all the steps using my user name and password and everything works correctly.
                          I still can't do it. As soon as I hit the reply button I'm being welcomed as 'guest.' It appears that it's a problem related to my personal computer, so I'll just live with it. I can still post under 'guest' and read messages, and that's really the main thing.
                          Thanks for everybody's help and suggestions.

Gudrun

Comment

I was lucky to have two email addresses, I got back with my second one. The web master emailed me and now the first one works again also.
                            I see the the forum from CWW&C is gone for the last two weeks. This could get a big forum just for scroll saw folks.
                            Mike M

Comment

Gudrun;
                              I truly do believe that the webmaster and myself have resolved the problem of members stayng logged in and was isolated only to members entering the message board from www.scrollsawer.com/scrollerscorner.htm. This should be fixed permanently now. The problem was not with the message board software but with a programing code on the page www.scrollsawer.com/scrollerscorner.htm. This code has been fixed and their should never be a problem with people staying logged in again. I will not get into to the technicals of our fix but I have the following suggestions that should fix your problem with staying logged in now and going forward into the future.

1.) Navigate to page www.scrollsawer.com/scrollerscorner.htm
                              2.) Hold the shift key and hit the refresh button of your browser at the same time
                              3.) Now when you click onto the Message Board Link it will open in a new window.
                              4.) You should be able to log in with your username and password as I have and stay logged

Please let me know how you make out.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X