• Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Tack Rag Rejuvenation

you tell em billy

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

My two cents......I'm so far out in the woods I can't get cable or DSL and have a very slow dial-up connection. Photos on a site like this slow it down terribly. During a busy Internet time it becomes so slow, I get no photos at all - just the dreaded red X after a long, long wait. I LOVE seeing photos - I NEED to see photos of other's work but it's disappointing when a few photos slow down the entire message board.

It's especially disappointing when useless cartoons slow everything down so much. I sit here an play Free Cell waiting for a cartoon to download.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

The request for us to not post photos came from the 'admin's' when the message board was bogging down. Photos eat up the bandwidth. I agree with all the points about how useful they are; my point was only repeating what they asked us to do. I'm guessing we'd have a problem if we all started putting photos in our messages, but maybe they've updated the site so that wouldn't be a problem. It probably could be a problem for each user as well, depending on the speed of their connection to the web.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Mike...go to  http://www.picturetrail.com/carvers-r-us  and when you get in, if it asks for a password put in 'carve'

Leave a comment:

• 3_M
    replied

Hi M.D.,
    How do I find that site for pictures? At one time I had a SWW picture site but now they don't let me in again. It tells me that my user name is no good.
    How do I find the gallery site, please help.
    Mike M

Leave a comment:

• jttheclockman
    replied

Bill I left this at your other forum too but try this site www.thesuperhandyman.com/tackrag.html Tack rags are only made with turpintine and a little varnish.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

A long time ago, the 'admin's' asked us not to post photos on the message board. That's why we started the carvers-r-us gallery. We've had some horrible crashes of this message board and lost most of the old messages for a long time. Some have been recovered and are under the carving category. Most of us post our photos on the gallery since it has them all on one site and you can check all the new photos at one time. Just a suggestion.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Hope someone has the solution on rejuvenating tack rags. I to have left a couple out that could have been used again. Maybe it is one of THOSE moments the younger generation talks about. Forgetfullness!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

why does it matter? This is a great forum...!

Leave a comment:

• 3_M
    started a topic Re: Tack Rag Rejuvenation

Maybe we should all email Alan Giagnocavo, President of Fox Chapel.
    [email protected]
    Who knows, it might help to do some about this site. It can't take much money to make a few changes, like taking out two scroll saw forums. : and change the colors ???
    Mike

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
    I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
    by Linda In Phoenix
    So after much debating, I bought a Sawstop table saw--the 36" contractor version, and now have a roll-your-eyes story too.
    I got a few discounts from my favorite hardwood store for buying from them. Yay!
    In a small shop I couldn't live without the mobile base.
    I also added the...
    Today, 10:49 PM
  • will8989
    Supermax
    by will8989
    Bruce and the tech from Laguna finally caught up with each other after almost 2 weeks of phone tag. Bruce ran the sander for the tech and after checking a few things, it was determined it’s the bushing, probably. They are going to send a bushing for Bruce to replace it. If he has a problem replacing...
    Today, 10:31 PM
  • will8989
    Reply to Help help
    by will8989
    Bruce lets it soak in on the cardholders, takes 24 hrs. I let everything drip for a few minutes then wipe excess off. 50/50 takes longer to dry than 40/60. I usually move everything upstairs and turn the ceiling fan on to to help it soak in. This finish takes 3-4 days to dry enough to take to shows....
    Today, 10:11 PM
  • KarlB
    Reply to Pattern Vault
    by KarlB
    Here are the ones I made 9 years ago:

Karl...
    Today, 10:05 PM
  • KarlB
    Reply to Pattern Vault
    by KarlB
    Well I just happen to have that pattern:

I thought I had others, but I don't find them...yet!

Karl
    ( I hope it's okay to post it.)...
    Today, 09:56 PM
Working...
X