Re: Tack Rag Rejuvenation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tack Rag Rejuvenation

Maybe we should all email Alan Giagnocavo, President of Fox Chapel.
    [email protected]
    Who knows, it might help to do some about this site. It can't take much money to make a few changes, like taking out two scroll saw forums. : and change the colors ???
    Mike
    SD Mike

why does it matter? This is a great forum...!

Comment

Hope someone has the solution on rejuvenating tack rags. I to have left a couple out that could have been used again. Maybe it is one of THOSE moments the younger generation talks about. Forgetfullness!

Comment

A long time ago, the 'admin's' asked us not to post photos on the message board. That's why we started the carvers-r-us gallery. We've had some horrible crashes of this message board and lost most of the old messages for a long time. Some have been recovered and are under the carving category. Most of us post our photos on the gallery since it has them all on one site and you can check all the new photos at one time. Just a suggestion.

Comment

Bill I left this at your other forum too but try this site www.thesuperhandyman.com/tackrag.html Tack rags are only made with turpintine and a little varnish.
          John T.

Comment

Hi M.D.,
            How do I find that site for pictures? At one time I had a SWW picture site but now they don't let me in again. It tells me that my user name is no good.
            How do I find the gallery site, please help.
            Mike M
            SD Mike

Comment

Mike...go to  http://www.picturetrail.com/carvers-r-us  and when you get in, if it asks for a password put in 'carve'

Comment

The request for us to not post photos came from the 'admin's' when the message board was bogging down. Photos eat up the bandwidth. I agree with all the points about how useful they are; my point was only repeating what they asked us to do. I'm guessing we'd have a problem if we all started putting photos in our messages, but maybe they've updated the site so that wouldn't be a problem. It probably could be a problem for each user as well, depending on the speed of their connection to the web.

Comment

My two cents......I'm so far out in the woods I can't get cable or DSL and have a very slow dial-up connection. Photos on a site like this slow it down terribly. During a busy Internet time it becomes so slow, I get no photos at all - just the dreaded red X after a long, long wait. I LOVE seeing photos - I NEED to see photos of other's work but it's disappointing when a few photos slow down the entire message board.

It's especially disappointing when useless cartoons slow everything down so much. I sit here an play Free Cell waiting for a cartoon to download.

Comment

you tell em billy

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quartz43
                      Reply to Scroll Saw Shells
                      by Quartz43
                      I would not use regular plywood but Baltic Birch is different. On Steve Garrisons Facebook page someone posted a shell with either Baltic Birch or something like Spectraply. I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of tearing or splintering with either cutting or sanding.

Using solid...
                      Today, 09:09 AM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to countdown for Bruce.
                      by will8989
                      Bruce took the “zipper”ff today. Yep, the stitches were zipper type. When we were packing up at the market Sunday, the coffee vendor asked if we wanted a taste of his chocolate whiskey coffee. We said no thanks. After driving to Annapolis in the truck today to get Elliott, Bruce said he was going...
                      Yesterday, 10:12 PM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to Scroll Saw Shells
                      by will8989
                      I usually don’t use plywood, but I think it works beautifully with these patterns. On my to do list in January.
                      Yesterday, 10:02 PM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to Back in the saddle again
                      by will8989
                      I enlarge and shrink patterns all time. I use rapid resizer. I did locate some scrap wood that would be perfect for the smaller size. I also mad some of the nativity Steve had a week ago. I’m taking stuff to the market for feedback. Of the 11 ornaments I took last week I came home with 3. Guess you...
                      Yesterday, 09:59 PM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to Starting again
                      by will8989
                      And to do something different. I’m trying to schedule part or a whole day to bowl grinding. Of course, we had a 7 year old visitor most of the day as he had a half day today. So much for using the grinder. instead I put a bandaid on a scratch on his elbow so he “wouldn’t bleed to death”. Than...
                      Yesterday, 09:55 PM
                    Working...
                    X