Re: Three More Basic Bandsaw Boxes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Three More Basic Bandsaw Boxes.

Which three boxes? I can't see any. Or am I missing something now?

Sorry that a few have to spoil it for the rest of us, Bill. I always enjoy seeing your work. It is an inspiration to the many who follow these forums.
    Oldtimer

Comment

Bill I have to ask why did you make that post? Is that a shot at managment? I have been following your feud. I happen to agree about two things. There should be only one scrollsaw message board and what does posting pictures have to do with reducing the quality of this site, if anything I feel it enhances it and helps get a message across otherwise would be too lengthy to explain. Besides I think we all like to see what everyone else is doing. JTTHECLOCKMAN
      John T.

Comment

Bill you answered my question. I thank you. I agree with you that pictures can sometimes provoke questions and as I understand it that is what all these forums are about, trying to learn and improve and maybe pick up a tip or two along the way. Like I said before a picture is worth a thousand words. Oh well, enough said. JTTHECLOCKMAN
        John T.

Comment

Bill, I really liked those boxes, too bad you took them away! Also thanks for the olink to the other message board, I haven't found that one yet!

BTW, if you or anyone else needs a place to upload your pictures. I've got a small website with alot of room and also a seldom used photo gallery. Feel free to use it for all your pictures! http://www.extremedc.com/newalbum/cgi-bin/album.pl You don't need to register, just login with your name and it will create a directory for you to upload your pictures into. Then if you want to post them someplace, right-click on the picture, select properties, and copy the address and paste it to the page using the image tags - [code] [img] http://address here.com[/img] [/code]
          My Site Missouri Ozarks

Comment

No problem Bill. If you run out of room, you know where to go

Bill, if you don't mind, I have acouple questions. I'm not much for buying books, let alone having the time to read them. I usually see a picture of something I like and draw up a quick plan of what I want to do. For your leaf boxes, it looks like you saw the drawer section from a solid block, how do you hollow it out? Question 2, where did you get the patience to do all that fret work? After re-installing a blade 5 or 6 times to do inside cuts, I've got to quit I get so frustrated! It was worse with my 24' 66-Powermatic, but I sold that for $450 and a 16 inch Jet scroll saw. With the Jet it's not as bad, but still frustrating!

Also, it doesn't cost anything to put pictures there for anyone wanting to use my site!
            My Site Missouri Ozarks

Comment

Thanks for the tip on the drawers. It's suppose to get 50 degrees Saturday, so I'll be in the shop and am going to give it a try. I'll bring some stock down to the family room and glue it up tomorrow so it'll be ready

Like I said, books and patterns don't really interest me. I'd rather ask a question or two and then do I learn better by 'hands on'. Normally one good picture with something in it to reference size is all I need.

My Site Missouri Ozarks

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                Reply to Planer and jointer opinions wanted
                by will8989
                Our feed belt keeps moving but Bruce did adjust it the other day when I was done and this is the first time I’ve used it. It kept getting louder so I bet that’s it or it just isn’t tight. Will check it in the morning. Thanks.
                Yesterday, 11:26 PM
              • Rolf
                by Rolf
                Betty is the feed belt centered? Do you hear it when the drum is spinning or when just the feed belt is on?
                I have had the sanding belt stretch, they do that over time, and there was enough hanging out to just kiss the table.
                Yesterday, 03:30 PM
              • Bill Wilson
                Reply to Winter issue
                by Bill Wilson
                I got mine the other day. Also noticed a dearth of Christmas themed projects. I don't recall seeing much Christmas stuff in the Fall issue either. I look forward to new ornament ideas, but those were lacking this year.

I do understand some of the constraints in publishing a magazine these...
                Yesterday, 02:49 PM
              • Bill Wilson
                by Bill Wilson
                Well, this topic can present a lot of opinions and options. First, if you are seriously considering helical cutting heads, would you take the next step and upgrade to a stationary, floor model planer? Perhaps even a used one. I don't know how much space you have and what your shop power options are,...
                Yesterday, 02:13 PM
              • will8989
                by will8989
                Our super max has been making a noise that sounds like paper caught but we can’t pinpoint anything. Cleaned what we could, Bruce used dry lubricant, which sounds like an oxymoron to me, and still makes the noise. Started quietly now is louder. Any suggestions before we call for warranty work? I’m...
                Yesterday, 01:57 PM
              Working...
              X