New with questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New with questions

Hi I am new and have been reading most of the post before jumping in to much. I chose to post here cause I agree that I would rather talk to everone than just to other beginners like myself. I think this is a better way to learn from each and everyone.
    My first question is: 'Where is the best place to get wood for scroll saw projects? I live close to Dallas, Tex. but do not know of any place to go in Dallas or to order from. I am so impressed with the Woodworks Mag. that I sent off my sub. Yesterday. Found only one copy at our Local Wal-Mart. the March issue. Cann't wait to get my next issue.
    Any advice to a newcomer would be most enjoyed.
    Thanks,
    Moon_Man

Re: New with questions

Why didn't you get Scroll Saw Worksop magazine. That is the best for scrollers.
    Contact these companies for wood, they might be able to help you:
    http://www.heritagewood.com/ or
    http://www.ocoochhardwoods.com/
    You could also check if you have a hardwood store near you or Home Depot, Lowe's.
    Maybe some others can give you more places.
    Mike M
    SD Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike,
      Your right about SSW. I went down to night to our local book store and they had the Spring 2004 issue of SSW. My first time to see it and WOW! This is great. I will send off my sub. on Monday. Wish I had seen this one first but now will have it in hand. Thanks again for the info and I will check these out.
      Moon_Man

Comment

Moon_Man, a good source for free wood is to keep your eyes on the curb while driving down the street on trash day Over the years I've picked up oak and maple table tops, mahogany cabinets, cherry end tables, ... just about any type of wood you can imagine. You only have to make sure to remove any nails, screws, or other fastners before putting a saw to it!
        My Site Missouri Ozarks

Comment

Another good place to look for wood is at your local cabinet makers shop. You will be surprised at what they throw away. Some people call it 'dumpster diving'
          Good luck!
          Oldtimer
          Oldtimer&&&&Every day is a great day, it's just that some days are greater than others.....

Comment

You can get 1/8 plywood from cherrytree, scroller, wildwood and winfield, not sure but probably lots of others!

Comment

Dumpster diving at cabinet shop(s) after hours are an excellent source for hardwoods :-*

Comment

Dumpster diving at cabinet shop(s) after hours are an excellent source for hardwoods :-*

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X